Acquisitions January 21 - 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I&M Limnos after shave
- I&M Zansibar after shave balm
- Lavera MenSpa "Cool Limone" after shave
- Lavera Men Spa "Relax Santal" after shave

These products are all natural!!

Both of these were picked up at the local Antique Mall. The first was marked at $55, and after a bit, she dropped it down to $25 with no tax for me. It's actually in pretty good shape, the picture makes the blade look worse than it is. The second one was $10, and he dropped it down to $5 with no tax. It's not in good shape, but I'm looking to try and fix it up. I'm pretty happy with the score, though! Everything else in the pictures is just for looks ;)

proxy.php

proxy.php

There's still bargains out there.I picked up this Fat Boy on eBay for $12.59. Since I wasn't expecting much for that price, imagine my surprise when I cleaned the soap film off and found a shiny razor with the adjustment numbers still intact!

proxy.php

-Clarke

These won't really be my acquisitions for long:

The Box - 46 lbs, 102 Tubs:

full

Pilot to bombadier, open the bomb bay doors:

full

Smells like it looks. The blue that is Violetta:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, the pictures of the Violetta are awesome. Makes you want to jump right in and swim around in it like Scrooge McDuck in his mountain of gold.

Looks nice, very nice, but blue was about the last color I was expecting. It's a better color than the strange pink I had imagined, though.

Anyway, I know it's a little early to officially celebrate but congrats on pulling this off.

These won't really be my acquisitions for long:

The Box - 46 lbs, 102 Tubs:

full

Pilot to bombadier, open the bomb bay doors:

full

Smells like it looks. The blue that is Violetta:

full

Dave, as I see on the lid of the tub, that the soap is only for "American Gentlemen"..., that makes me really sad..., I think it'll be a surprise soap to shave with..., aargh, my English...:blushing::blushing:

Do think think it's possible to send a mail to QED and ask for shipping to Germany???:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
the question is, 102 tubs, you shave 3-4 times a day ? becuase thats the only way i can see you using all that soap before your time on this earth is done,

Got 7 cold process bath soaps from a member of another forum,

5 80% olive oil - Will hopefully take care of my dry winter skin
1 40% olive oil w/tallow
1 olive/tallow/shea butter/cocoa butter combo soap

As expected, the 80% soaps are pretty soft, but the other two are really hard. I bet they last quite some time.

Lastly - Got my Rooney style 2, size small in Super w/Ebony handle. Used it for the first time this morning. Verdicts still out on it, don't know if I like it or my Rooney Style 3, size small in Super w/mock ivory handle better. But I got such a close shave yesterday I barely had an stubble this morning. We'll see how it works w/more stubble on my weekend shave.

....now I just need a Rooney style 1, size small w/horn handle and my collection will be complete.....bwah ha ha!

As expected, the 80% soaps are pretty soft

This is likely because they're still reasonably fresh - let them dry out for a couple of months and they will harden up nicely - which means they'll last much longer.

Also, I find that my vegetable oil or glycerine-based soaps last much longer if allowed to dry between uses (so get some sort of soap holder that allows the water to drain off the soap - even better are the ones that are some sort of rack that allows the bottom of the soap to dry).

Enjoy!

This is likely because they're still reasonably fresh - let them dry out for a couple of months and they will harden up nicely - which means they'll last much longer.

Also, I find that my vegetable oil or glycerine-based soaps last much longer if allowed to dry between uses (so get some sort of soap holder that allows the water to drain off the soap - even better are the ones that are some sort of rack that allows the bottom of the soap to dry).

Enjoy!

Got it. The back end of our shower stays fairly dry and allows my soaps to dry off pretty well between uses.

Do you know if putting the soaps in a very dry/hot room would help speed up the curing process? My wife and I have an older home (over 50 years) and is pretty drafty. B/c of this, we run a little heater in our bedroom that does a great job of keeping us warm, but also dries out the air pretty good. I was thinking of bringing these soaps into our bedroom and see how they get after a couple of weeks.

Do you know if putting the soaps in a very dry/hot room would help speed up the curing process? My wife and I have an older home (over 50 years) and is pretty drafty. B/c of this, we run a little heater in our bedroom that does a great job of keeping us warm, but also dries out the air pretty good. I was thinking of bringing these soaps into our bedroom and see how they get after a couple of weeks.

That would be perfect - don't stack the soaps unless you put spacers between them to get maximum air circulation.

It takes a while for the soaps to dry out and you'll see the change - they'll shrink a bit and darken up.

Depending on how big the soaps are, you might want to cut them in smaller pieces - I bought 300gm blocks of Savon de Marseilles and cut them in half which makes them more manageable and speeds the drying process.

Picked this up at an antique shop. Thinking about some custom scales to better accent the gold wash. There's nothing like putting $2000 rims on a $500 car. :biggrin:

proxy.php

the question is, 102 tubs, you shave 3-4 times a day ? becuase thats the only way i can see you using all that soap before your time on this earth is done,
Avenum, These were for a B&B group buy project that started a few months ago. I am shipping all but two of these tubs out.

Dave, as I see on the lid of the tub, that the soap is only for "American Gentlemen"..., that makes me really sad..., I think it'll be a surprise soap to shave with..., aargh, my English...:blushing::blushing:

Do think think it's possible to send a mail to QED and ask for shipping to Germany???:blush:
Thomas, This is QED's standard product label. It's good feedback for QED to hear that it says "American gentleman" because he does ship internationally. The label is not properly globalized :blush:

This specific product was a limited B&B special whoose orderign period has closed. But if you contact QED via e-mail you can inquire about other QED offerings and overseas shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom