What's new

LIDER shaving brush

Just spent 12 nights in Turkey and came across this monster in Marmaris market. Cost about 25 Turkish lira. I assume its made in Turkey and probably horse hair rather than boar bristle (Islamic country and all that). It lathers truly a storm and stank like wet dog for the first few uses. Its finally starting to lose its bad smell. I've nominated this my shave in the shower brush as its just to big for a normal shave at the sink.

Definitely not a travel brush...

Attachments

• $Lider.jpg
    $Lider.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 399
Nice brush, but I am fairly sure it is boar. Horse hair does not split or flag like that. Here are a couple of horse hair brushes, for comparison. The brown one is natural, while the whitish one is sketched to look more like badger.

I made the same mistake when I was in Turkey, before I bought my first Vie-Long horse. There is a long thread about it at http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/325102-Turkish-Horse. My take is that a boar brush is not actually forbidden or haram, but retailers prefer to avoid drawing attention to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to read my brush is not horse hair actually. I assume boar is acceptable then in these Islamic countries then? To be honest it makes no difference to me at all. I've used the brush a handful of times now and its good enough for me.

Lider brushes are perfect in combination with arko soap stick i bought one here in Holland for €3,49

Jaguar branded swine hair brushes have an exact clone of this brush,or at least they did over the years.As our Turkish member states,these are Chinese made swine hair brushes.If they work for you great !,I like getting a good but cheap bargain as well,but these are certainly not horse hair brushes.

Jaguar branded swine hair brushes have an exact clone of this brush,or at least they did over the years.As our Turkish member states,these are Chinese made swine hair brushes.If they work for you great !,I like getting a good but cheap bargain as well,but these are certainly not horse hair brushes.

yes you are wright its a jaguar clone and it smells what i know that most boar knots are made in China and the asamble part is in the country of orgin like in turkey or in Italië like omega.

What suprised me is i have a silver tip brush you know the arko stick package shows a guy with a great layer, and it can not get the layer i whant with this expensive brush.
with doubt i buy this Cheap in my eyes rubish brush and after give it a try it gives a face layer like on the picture package arko stick.

Last edited:
^ with that description, I won't be running out to buy one.....not that I was planning on it.

Like most boar brusches i have purchased always a funny pig farm smell to it even the silver tip that i own have a funny smell to it its standard after all its animal hair.
But by ussing it with soap after a few days the smell is gone.

Its the same but then made by jaguar

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 201
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Just spent 12 nights in Turkey and came across this monster in Marmaris market. Cost about 25 Turkish lira. I assume its made in Turkey and probably horse hair rather than boar bristle (Islamic country and all that). It lathers truly a storm and stank like wet dog for the first few uses. Its finally starting to lose its bad smell. I've nominated this my shave in the shower brush as its just to big for a normal shave at the sink.

Definitely not a travel brush...

Its great quilty for the price from my opinion the performance is good of this brush much brush for the price.
next time when you are in turkey ask for discount and a better price its to expensive for the €8 you payd.
I was suprised that turkey sell boar brusches

I purchase this fine Lider shave brush for les than $5 /€3,49

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 175
I assume its made in Turkey and probably horse hair rather than boar bristle (Islamic country and all that).

I was suprised that turkey sell boar brusches

PURE BOAR HAIR BRISTLE says the description in ebay
It's a Boar brush,i have the Medium,absolutely similar with my 13 other Boar brushes.
When it's time for money in S.Arabia some specific stores they sell "tea" to the Greek engineers which looks and smells like Whiskey.
I have the Medium from the Jaguar, here it is on action after re-knoting job.
Maybe some day i will buy the large and set the loft lower to see what's going to happen.

Top Bottom