What's new

Absence of nibbage - brush pens are not for faint of heart :

oc_in_fw PIFed me a brush pen recently...these things are cool! loaded up with Noodlers Sequoia and tried it out. After several art-parchment pages of goofing around and letting the kids try it, I thought I'd post something. It's really weird painting with fountain pen ink. There must be stuff like "writing etudes" where you just practice certain motions over and over until they are perfect -- would those be in some youtube video or instruction book somewhere? Recommendations?

$IMG_0607.jpg

translation into English:

I am finding that locking the wrist
and just letting my arm do
all the work seems to make the
best results. Quick motions with lots
of swirly stuff {ff} seem
like a good thing too :)
writing with a single hair is nuts
Is there a tutorial?
Any mistake is seen!
How? Huge potential, no
technique :)

Thanks again for the generosity, oc_in_fw, really getting a kick out of it.

Last edited:
They have a really odd experience, since they have no feedback you have to get used to doing it by sight and muscle memory, and since the brush isn't ridged at all you have to balance between holding it off the page and down to the right pressure you want to put on it

These and dip pens made for a whole new way of writing for me learning how to hold something

Doc4 Ian has some nice ones and is handy with them as well

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I remember seeing something on it, I believe the we're demonstrating doing Japanese or Chinese writing. I will do some searches.

I have a brush pen and just can't get the hang of it, but I do love how they write in the hands of someone experienced. I think you should keep practicing, with every day you'll get better and better. Can't wait to see your progress :)

I have a couple of Kuretake brush pens that were included with eyedropper style bottles of Noodler's inks. Since they were there anyway, I filled one and experimented a bit, but it would obviously take much more practice than I intend to put into it. Maybe some other year.

Top Bottom