What's new

Opinions on Rooney brush sizes

All:
I'm trying to determine how big a Rooney style 1 size small or medium is in comparison to my EJ Medium Super. Current brush specs are 21 mm knot, 46 mm handle and 102mm overall height. The Rooney style 1, sz 1 (small) has a 22 mm knot, is fan shaped vs bulb, and only 90mm overall height. Other than the obvious (it's shorter), how will the shorter loft, fan shaped, larger knot feel on my face (smaller, larger, or about the same)? The sz 2 (medium) is on par overall sizewise with my EJ (47mm handle, 100 mm height, but a 24 mm knot).
Thanks!

I don't have any of the style 1 Rooney, but I do have a style3 size 1. which ever one you get the brush will feel much denser than the EJ. The size 1 with a shorter loft will be a firmer feel. I would guess the size 1 will seem smaller than the EJ, but the size 2 will seem a little larger. I think the style 3 size 1 is more closely proportioned to your EJ, while the style 1 size 1 or 2 is on either side. I don't know if I helped you at all but the Rooney's certainly are a quality brush.:smile:

Top Bottom