What's new

What did your Old Man smell like?

bottle of scotch.
+1 only mine was a Canadian whiskey and Coors guy for many years (off and on between long stints of sobriety).
Thankfully, he was clean for the last 15 years or so before he passed. In the end, all that booze took its toll.

The 70s was Paco Raban (sp?) if out for a drink or Brut day to day. Whiskey and King Edward cigars at Christmas. Day to day I remember the smell of Benson & Hedges cigarettes and how the smoke would curl in the sunlight.
I also remember his willpower when, a 20+ per day smoker he was half way through a pack and decided to quit. He just threw the pack away and stopped.

Newport Menthol cigarettes. I don't smoke but I must admit I loved the way his truck smelled when I hopped in. Weird.

He always used the same cologne but I don't know what it was called. He only put it on when we went to church or for special occasions when he dressed up.

A vague and distant memory of old spice and brut.
The odd sneaky cigarette (don't tell your mother :lol:) or cigar.
Usually just clean and fresh.
Still think about him everyday

Back when I was a kid, my dad had a lot of different scents. He worked in the prison, and he used to reek of secondhand smoke when smoking was allowed in state buildings. So I would smell that and whatever aftershave he would wear. He's not much of a cologne guy and usually just puts on some witch hazel.

My dad somewhat devolved IMHO when it came to scents. I remember smelling Brut, Aqua Velva, Old Spice; but now he wears Axe... it brings me back to the not so happy days of spraying on Axe before going to a Jr. High dance or homecoming and getting shot down by every girl.

My Dad had a few AS that he kept in the bathroom and I know he used them occasionally but I really can't remember which one( s ) he used. I remember seeing, Avon Spice, Brut, Hai Karate, Tiki, Nuts and Bolts and Russian Leather. He always used injector razors.

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My dearly departed Dad? I remember he smelled like Clubman & Cubans. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Last edited:
Stetson. Every other Christmas or so my mom would take us to the store and get him a Stetson set of aftershave and cologne. I don't think he used it everyday, just special occasions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom