What's new

What did your Old Man smell like?

I don't think I've had any urge to smell my dad lately, but he doesn't smell like anything. He's an engineer who works on stuff all day so he doesn't wear any perfumes or jewelry. I think he's got a 30-year-old bottle of Polo sitting around that I remember smelling as a kid but he never really wore.

I did give him a birth year Slim Adjustable, some Feathers, a Semogue boar, and some Omega soap this year. He appreciated the gift but don't know if he'll use it. He switched to cartridges pretty early on. Shaves every day with Edge gel and a Schick Quattro, uses the same cartridge for a month, never has razor burn, so no real reason to switch.

Brut...... I recently got him to switch back to using a DE. I hooked my dad up with some Clubman, a long handle black beauty, and a 10049 boar brush.

Last edited:
English Leather when I was real young and then Old Spice. I can still remember shaving next to him with a toy razor and he would apply bit of whatever he was using that day once I had finished up.

My dad never really used AS or cologne so not much.

My grandfather has that Captains Choice bay rum scent that's settled on your skin after 15
min or so.

I love reading around here that Tabac or Arco or La Toja or MWF smells like "old man".

I don't know about you guys, but my old man didn't smell at all like any of that stuff! He smelled like Aqua Vela. :biggrin1:

What about you guys? What did your Old Man smell like?

My Grandfather smelled like Bay Rum and hard work most days, but for occasions he wore Clubman Pinaud.

Using the Flare Tip I received from him and following it with a splash of Master's Bay Rum after a morning workout brings back some truly precious memories of him.

My dad passed a year ago this week. He wore Aramis every day. Every year at Christmas, my brother and I would buy him his bottle for the year. When he needed aftershave, he would use Skin Bracer but wash it off after 20 minutes or so, so that it didn't interfere with the cologne. My mother had me grab the Aramis and Skin bracer because she didn't want them around. The scent memory is still too new to deal with.
I have taken to wearing it this week, just for the memory.

My dad passed a year ago this week. He wore Aramis every day. Every year at Christmas, my brother and I would buy him his bottle for the year. When he needed aftershave, he would use Skin Bracer but wash it off after 20 minutes or so, so that it didn't interfere with the cologne. My mother had me grab the Aramis and Skin bracer because she didn't want them around. The scent memory is still too new to deal with.
I have taken to wearing it this week, just for the memory.

I'm sorry about your dad. My grandfather passed on Friday and always wore Old Spice. That's what I'm going to be rocking for a while.

My dad always wore cologne, which is the reason I'm a frag-head today. I can remember splashing on some of his Monsieur Givenchy at four years old. Later on he always kept up with what was current. When I smell CK Eternity I also think of him. He could rock the cologne of any age.

My dad smelt like cool waters. Now I also smell like cool waters sometimes. Amazingly enough it smells different on each of us

Like a french whore! :w00t: But seriously, my dad always smelled good. I remember Lagerfeld in the 90's but don't remember what he wore in the 70's or 80's.

Jake

Top Bottom