What's new

MCMAP / MACP and the USAF

Ok, there are a lot of acronyms in the thread title, let me define them if folks are unfamiliar.

MCMAP = Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
MACP = Modern Army Combatives Program
USAF = United States Air Force

I'm an active duty Air Force E-5, there is no hand to hand or martial arts program in the Air Force. I'm interested in getting back into martial arts, but would rather train in a military program rather than risk spending money at some fly by night belt factory off base. I know that not all dojos are belt factories, I practiced Aikido some years back and loved it, awesome folks.

My question is, can an Air Force member participate in MCMAP or MACP? I have read articles of depoyed Airmen earning their tan belts in MCMAP, but nothing of home station. There is the Army 7th SFS close to where I'm stationed (Eglin AFB), but don't know who to contact.

Are there any Marines or Soldiers who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... at least I knew "USAF".

Hopefully this works out for you, connecting with Army or Marines training. But don't write off (all) the civilian martial arts dojos ... there are good ones as well as bad. Why not get back into Aikido?

To be honest Doc, I don't have the income to pay dues to a dojo. And I would like to study a military developed system.

Vez, I'm on leave right now, but I have been in contact with a Security Forces troop I went to ALS with and am getting info on either Krav Maga or a combative class that the cops teach.

Top Bottom