What's new

Bristle brushed and hair type

I've got a full head of hair I'd call "medium hair" and have used a strong bristle brush for 50+ years. When I needed a second brush I bought a Kent OE1, recommended for medium hair, online. It's a nice brush and leaves my hair in a good way, but its got a much lighter touch than my old brush. The bristles on the old one quickly work down to the scalp and puts the hair where it wants it fast. The Kent seems to float on top and require pressure to make a part and dig in.

Both work in the end. Which is the right brush for my hair?

If they both work pick the one that you personally prefer. If you find a brush that doesn't work I wouldn't pick that one.

Understood re: preference. My question was about which was better for the hair. I so used to the stiffer bristles that I gravitate toward that one but the softer might be easier on the hair? Just asking, if anyone knows.

The advice I've generally heard is that pulling too hard is what can harm hair. For example, they say pat your hair dry instead of tugging and pulling it back and forth to dry it. I would assume that if neither brush feels like it is pulling on the hair root they would both be the same.

Top Bottom