What's new

Shave Stick Fans?

What is your opinion on shave sticks?

• I Love them

• I don't like them, but I live with them for the scent

• I buy them and melt them down

• You should be drawn and quartered for even posting this poll!

• Are they still making shave sticks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
AACJ said:
Never tried one....
You're missing out. I firmly believe shave sticks are one of the most versatile form factors. Fun to boot too.

Lately serious time constraints have all but eliminated my shaving time. Out of the shower, I apply shaving soap to my face using the shave stick. Using a smaller brush, I build lather directly on my visage. Between passes I dip my brush in the sink full of hot water and re-lather.

Using my slant or injector my shave is just under five minutes from start to finish (end of shower to applying EdT).

I miss my longer shaving sessions and my str8s, but currently sleep and work take precedence.

I am going to try one of Charles's sticks next time I'm away at length for business (april) , but haven't gotten around to it yet. I will get my first go at it with the one I receive in the order I placed with Sue today. Therefore, I didn't choose an option in the poll.

Rik said:
... SNIP ...

I miss my longer shaving sessions and my str8s, but currently sleep and work take precedence.
Heresey! SHAME!!:eek6:
The first steps to the Gilletisme! All things being transitory, this too shall pass. (We hope)

guenron said:
Heresey! SHAME!!:eek6:
The first steps to the Gilletisme! All things being transitory, this too shall pass. (We hope)

I CONCUR Ron!! I wake up at least 10 minutes early to enjoy my shaves. When I get better on the str8's, I'll wake up 20 minutes early instead!!

Who needs sleep when there's shaving to be done!

the sticks are great. One of the best products out there in my opinion. Charles makes a high quality product at a great price point.

I do really enjoy using the sticks. So far my favourites being La Toja and Palmolive but I mainly use them when away from home. I tried to melt a palmolive stick before I knew the difference about tallow soaps, needless to say that I was there a while........and nothing happened :001_unsur

I have grown to love sticks. I have found that some of my favorites not only perform better in stick format, but also smell better. IE: Tabac and DR Harris offerings. Not to mention, some of my favorite scents are in stick only format which is fine by me (Speick and Palmolive)

I like shave sticks so much that I started the Shave Stick Brotherhood on B&B (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/321719-Shave-Stick-Brotherhood-SSB) so other like minded "stickers" can get together and pat each other on the back for being so "intelligent" :001_smile

proxy.php

Last edited:
I prefer a bowl but have great succes with the stick when needed- travel etc. It adds some time to my routine which it the main drawback for me.

I love sticks, they're compact, great for travelling, quick and easy to load, what's not to love?

I'd be interested to see out of the people who don't like the stick, how many of them are bowl-latherers.

Top Bottom