What's new

Gym Lockers.

Has anyone here pulled out a Straight Razor in a gym locker for a shave? Did you get stares? Compliments? very soon, I'm gonna be in a position where I will have to get ready for work at the gym locker in the mornings.... So I'm kinda curious....

I have been in the situation a few times, but usually its guys from my platoon, and they are pretty comfortable around me, so there are a few old man jokes (i'm 28). Mostly passing glances and questions.

Has anyone here pulled out a Straight Razor in a gym locker for a shave? Did you get stares? Compliments? very soon, I'm gonna be in a position where I will have to get ready for work at the gym locker in the mornings.... So I'm kinda curious....
if it were me I whip it out after prep of course. Then shave like this is what you have been doing since age 10. Making no mention to what your doing ( really this I a kinda private moment for you) but I would still be listening to comments, you will have to get some. Sounds fun let us know what happens.

Legion

Staff member
You will probably get dirty looks for hogging the sink for too long if you straight shave at the gym. Plus there are too many distractions, people wanting to talk, etc. Leave the straight at home would be my advice.

I'd not do it. I don't know about your gym but in mine there's rather much commotion in the locker room. Assume someone accidentally walked into you while you shave....

Last edited:
I used to shave at the gym all the time. No problem. It intimidated the muscle heads and was a conversation starter with most guys (mostly the old guys) "I haven't seen one of those since my granddad used one...."

Go for it. Grab an extra towel and use it for laying your stuff down at the sink so it remains sanitary. Aside from that, make yourself at home.

Top Bottom