What's new

Thanks Enablers.from a very satisfied street cop!

Very nice pen choices! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Waterman. I'm sure the Parker will be great, as well.

-Andy

Yes, enjoying the Waterman immensely.

I was having a bit of skipping at first when used on my metal clipboard but putting several sheets of quality paper underneath the report smoothed that out. I have done a ton of writing with it and I suspect that the medium nib has smoothed out over the last few days.

The Pelikan Brilliant Black is nice, Waterman Intense black is okay, and the Aurora seems to be the pick of the litter for darkness and smooth lines.

I have had two coworkers notice it. "Hey, is that a fountain pen?" was blurted out in a roll call meeting by a guy that grew up going to Catholic schools. He said that he was thinking about getting one and reconnecting with that part of his upbringing.

The Waterman fits really well in my uniform shirt pen pocket nestled alongside a Fisher AG-7 ballpoint. Very stealthy and you can't hardly see the clip on either pen when they are in that pocket.

And I found those mini composition books at Dollar Tree that make dandy pocket notebooks for street use. Very budget friendly too. Found those in a search on this site.

I took the Waterman with me on a visit to my mother in law's house and she remarked how her late husband had several fountain pens over the years. Mont Blanc, Watermans, Parkers.......

When I inquired if she still had them, she said that he would buy a pen, keep it a while, and then pass it off to a student (high school teacher/football coach). She said he must have passed along a hundred pens in his time here on Earth. I found that to be a nice legacy to leave behind.

Thanks again.

I am so glad you are enjoying the pen. I too had a Catholic school upbringing and learned to write with a fountain pen. Thanks for all you do to keep your city safe.

I'm glad you enjoy it! I have the roller-ball version of that Waterman and it always gets compliments. A fine pen indeed!

I am so glad you are enjoying the pen. I too had a Catholic school upbringing and learned to write with a fountain pen. Thanks for all you do to keep your city safe.

+1

The good sisters insisted on fountain pens. When I graduated from grammar school, and went to public High School, I swore off Fountain Pens. And then, I met the Great Enabler himself, and now I wonder why I ever stopped using them.

I too love my Waterman, and I hope yours doesn't have to write up reports any worse than it's already seen. Thanks for your service, it's an underpaid and undervalued position.

If he's anything like a lot of us around here, we're just witnessing the beginning! :lol:

-Andy

Yeah, that is putting it mildly.

I haven't even took delivery of the Parker 45 yet and am already looking at a Kaweco Liliput in silver. Trying to justify that purchase since it doesn't take a converter.

I carry a Space Pen everywhere now. I doubt I could squeeze in another EDC pen.

But Father's day does approach in the distance.

On the other hand, I am sitting here before my shift starts staring at my visor organizer. It has two Parker Jotters that need Fisher refills, two Cross ballpoints that need refills, and I suspect that both my AG-7 and bullet Space Pen could use a refill.

I could ask for pen refills and cr123 batteries and soak up my wife's Father's day budget. :biggrin1:

Off to work. Let's see what the fountain pen writes today.

My recommendation to you was the 45 Flighter :thumbup1:

Indeed it was. I am looking forward to it arriving.

The seller says he is the original owner, it comes with converter and box, and supposedly has never been used. 36.00 shipped. If as described, I'll be pleased with that price point.

My Waterman got a durability check on that murder/suicide a couple of weeks back. I was the first one to knock on the door and actually had a conversation with the shooter. He had already shot two women and had two kids in there with him.

Not only did we save both kids but we managed not to take any dings ourselves in the process. My Waterman also came out unscathed even though it rode in my shirt pocket exposed to some constant banging against my M4. I stood in that yard almost seven hours: covering the front door for the first half and then covering the negotiating team on the back.

Once I put the rifle up and broke out the paperwork, the Hemisphere took it all in stride and performed wonderfully.

I had a tough call to make that day: storm the house or wait for our tac team. It was a relief to see those two kids pulled from the house alive.

Regards.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/05/hostage_situation_in_knox_cree.html

I took the Waterman with me on a visit to my mother in law's house and she remarked how her late husband had several fountain pens over the years. Mont Blanc, Watermans, Parkers.......

When I inquired if she still had them, she said that he would buy a pen, keep it a while, and then pass it off to a student (high school teacher/football coach). She said he must have passed along a hundred pens in his time here on Earth. I found that to be a nice legacy to leave behind.

Thanks again.

Brian does that too, with Parker 51 pens....but he forgets the second part....LOL

"Constant banging against my M4." Gives new meaning to the term "drawer wear."

Glad you and your team made it through unscathed. And good luck with the Parker 45. Very solid pens, though I'd guess its barrel is more dent prone than Hemi.

Top Bottom