What's new

Do you ever make blind buys?

Do you ever make blind cologne buys?

• No I don't

• Yes I do

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have made several blind buys that I regretted. What comes to mind is Knize, Castle Forbes, several Creeds, etc. Luckily, I was able to sell them.

I do but it depends a lot on the price-tag. Sub $25-ish with good reviews or experience with the brand, no problem. But in the $50-100 category I want to have the scent on my skin for some time before I buy. That leaves the $25-50 category open (and the one over $100...) but I don't think I have any fragrance at that price-point to be honest.

Most of my blind buys have been on BST - something I've wondered about turns up so I get it. Often they go back on BST a few weeks later, sometimes they end up in my collection. If I'm buying in a B&M I always at least do a trial spray and walk about for a few minutes so it's not really a blind buy.

I wouldn't buy a Creed, Penhaligons, Dior or other expensive (3 figures or more) cologne with out trying it first to check out all the factors important to me in a cologne. I have bought a couple of cheaper colognes based on "scratch 'n sniffs" in magazines and generally haven't been disappointed. Stuff I've bought blind has about a 50/50 record. A couple are favorites for me and my wife, and a couple I'm thinking about PIFing.

Usually I read all the great posts here on B&B. Then I'll go to Ulta or Nordstroms and check them out, usually with the GF. She has final approval, lol.

I have around 70 frags and all were blind buys except La nuit by YSL I tested that at Macys and bought the next day online.
All of my buys were under $50 I dont think I would spend more blindly.
I love opening a new package and having that first smell.
Like all of you I read lots of reviews and only buy highly regarded frags.

I used to a lot more than I do now. But if a scent is universally loved and is said to garner tons of compliments in threads I'm usually a sucker and want to get it.

Top Bottom