What's new

The Search For The Elusive Alden Ravello Chukka Boot

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Are they rare enough to merit it? May I suggest John Lobb double monks in Museum Plum?

Probably not. :biggrin:

Ya know Henry, the reason why Mick Taylor left The Rolling Stones was because he said he had to get away from Keith Richards and his habits. I'm starting to understand what he meant by that. :wink:

Congratulations Bobby! Well deserved and just about the perfect shoe for argyle socks.

Jim, you suffered through my last search... The Alden Cigar Plain Toe Blucher. :yesnod:

Museum Plum? Brilliant!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 191
Alden Chukkas (IMO) are in the top three most comfortable shoes Alden makes - killer score and congrats on the big game hunting, you certainly came home with a big trophy!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
great post and great final chapter to your story. Glad you were finally able to pick them up.

Figured if anyone knows, it'll be those posting on this thread: is there any difference between the regular Alden Shell Cordovan Chukka Boot and the Alden for J Crew Cordovan Chukka Boots? I'm doing side by side on their websites and can't tell, except the J Crew pics look like a better shape. I'm thinking that's just a function of J Crew having better Marketing resources....thanks in advance!

Looks like the same shoe to me.

I tend to agree but wasn't sure if there were some subtle differences. Doesn't seem like it. I live in the Bay Area so the Alden Shop in SF is nearby.....trying to hold out for as long as I can, but the force is strong on this one!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This chukka is made with two eyelets. It just didn't provide the snug fit that I prefer so I took them to a shoe repair place and added another eyelet. Now the shoe feels more secure and comfortable.

Two before pics and the third one is the "after" pic.
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom