What's new

The Search For The Elusive Alden Ravello Chukka Boot

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Trust me, that was the hardest $5 that cobbler made all day. I wanted to see how he lined up the holes and what he was going to use to punch through the leather. While he was working on the shoes, I paced around his store like I was in a waiting room awaiting the birth of a child. :rolleyes:

The next time you try and go in there, he's going to walk up to the door and close the shop.

Heard from the cash register: "Mr. Shoemaker, that Gold guy is coming up the walk."
Mr. Shoemaker (diving for cover): "Tell him we only service Cole Haans!"

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I hate to admit that you're right but this was the sign after I left the shoe repair shop yesterday. :bored:
$image.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting - quite a nerve racking modification to such a rare shoe! I have the Allen Edmonds chukka in shell - they come with 3 holes and they do wear very comfortably. Two holes doesn't seem as if it would be sufficient. I would have been very happy to get a pair of Aldens but I can very rarely find Alden shell in extra wide fittings - AE will always make a pair up and their craftmanship seems to be very good on the higher end gear.

I'm sure y'all have seen that the Alden Chukka in Shell won the B&B award for best shoe/boot of 2014! This thread is a step ahead of the game..

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Interesting - quite a nerve racking modification to such a rare shoe! I have the Allen Edmonds chukka in shell - they come with 3 holes and they do wear very comfortably. Two holes doesn't seem as if it would be sufficient.

It was touch and go there for a while. :wink: :biggrin:

I'm sure y'all have seen that the Alden Chukka in Shell won the B&B award for best shoe/boot of 2014!

Certainly a matter of taste but I wouldn't argue against that selection. :thumbup1:

A beautiful pair of shoes,you'll really enjoy polishing them and looking at the results.

i have not worn them enough to warrant polishing and yet I can't wait to polish them. I will post some post-polishing pics. Say that five times, fast.

I like that color,and have never actually seen it in shell cordovan. I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Dundee chukka's in my size 12 b, that look very similar in style.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
They are. Although I added an eyelet, I find myself resorting to Alden’s design and use 2 eyelets. The color/patina just gets better.

Top Bottom