What's new

Pre Shave Face Scrub

Currently, I am using the Jack Black face scrub before I shave, which is usually once every 2 days or so. I am almost done and wanted to try something else just because Jack Black is all I've used. Are there any good scrubs I need to look at? I have found that the scrub is an essential part of my shave routine and want to make sure I get a good scrub

I think it really depends on what your skin type is(oily or dry) For me, I use whatever the SWMBO the buys.

She Who Must Be Obeyed. I've never used Jack Black for a comparison but I use Nivea for Men Energy pre-shave scrub. I just keep it in my shower for daily use. Very nice stuff IMHO.

I don't use scrubs anymore, but my favorite that I've used, and I've used a lot, is the Every Man Jack facial scrub. It's more gentle than the Jack Black scrub and it smells like mint ice cream. They have a fragrance free version, as well. It's under $10.

St. Ives apricot scrub for me. They have two versions, with one being less abrasive. They also have a green tea scrub, but I haven't tried it yet.

For me, this is the best you can get...

$3700194719180_3ozTube_FacialFuelEnergizingScrub.jpg

Click HERE

I use several scrubs, but right now Clean and Clear Morning Burst is by far my favorite:

$jj-1893_1z.jpg

The scent is fabulous and strong in a good way. Intoxicating, really. The scrub is very soft, so it doesn't hurt my skin at all, while still exfoliating and prepping by beard.

http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Clear-Morning-Bursting-5-Ounce/dp/B000NN5HK2

If you are looking for something more natural, Aveeno's Men's Face Wash is quite nice and pretty gentle, too.

http://www.amazon.com/AVEENO-Active-Naturals-Mens-Face/dp/B00B9CGXXG

Seems we have a slightly different selection of stuff in the UK.

John Von Wuggz, I use the Nivea Energy facewash and it works really well so I searched for the matching scrub but it's only available in the US. I'll just stick with the one I use currently, which is this one:

proxy.php

I'm a fan of Billy Jealousy's Liquid Sand. The larger bottle is the better value. I think I could get nearly 9 months out of every bottle using it every other day.

Honestly speaking I have never use this product. But after read your post that I realize that it's have some thing new and different. I'll try it once. Anyway i would like thanks to you that you share this post here with us.

I have tried a few of these. The ones I have liked most are:
L'Oreal MenExpert Pure and Matte Scrub - Good value, does a good job
Anthony Logistics Facial Scrub - Top quality product. The beads are quite large though
Zirh Facial Scrub - A very fine bead that leaves your face feeling really clean

I'm don't want to come off like an "expert" but in my years of grooming and research, facial "scrubs" should be used sparingly. By scrubs, I mean the type that have some grit to them. I wouldn't use those more than twice a week.

I do use a cleanser daily- Zirh Clean. Except on the day I use a scrub. AOS makes a nice peppermint scrub. Current favorite is from Origins - Modern Friction (except it stings the crap outta my eyes and I'm never able to avoid getting some in eyes).

I always thought the same - scrubs should be used sparingly. But then I thought about it. We use scrubs to (mainly) exfoliate and release any hairs that might otherwise become ingrown. I still have problems with ingrown hairs on my neck even now I'm DE shaving, and I want to stop them.

Why can't I use a scrub every other day - or even every day?

Or, conversely, if someone could give me a good reason to only use it once a week I'd try that too.

I always thought the same - scrubs should be used sparingly. But then I thought about it. We use scrubs to (mainly) exfoliate and release any hairs that might otherwise become ingrown. I still have problems with ingrown hairs on my neck even now I'm DE shaving, and I want to stop them.

Why can't I use a scrub every other day - or even every day?

Or, conversely, if someone could give me a good reason to only use it once a week I'd try that too.

I use one daily, but only because i have found very light scrubs. Way back when I used harsh scrubs (St. Ives Apricot for example) and only used them once, or twice, a week.

I found the Clean'n'Clear stuff in the supermarket today as I walked round, so picked it up. Used it this afternoon when I showered before work, and I'm very impressed. Smells great, not too gritty, and left my skin feeling better than it has done for a long time. I may be retiring the Nivea productds to the back of the cupboard on the strength of this. Thanks!

Top Bottom