What's new

Discussion of Nib Videos

Great thread and video, James. You don't sound NEARLY as Canadian as I'd imagined, lol. How about a video series on Pilot Parallels and what you can do with them, ie different styles of calligraphy. I'd love to see you do some work with them ;-)

great start to a fantastic thread

how about one showing how different filling mechanisms work and how to fill and flush/clean them?

James:

Where's you Canadian accent? You sound like you're from midwest U.S.A. LOL. Also, when are we going to get a cat cameo? He's almost as famous as you are, in the NIB at least.

How about a video on how to burn a new calligraphy nib and how to properly load ink, into the NIB, with the eyedropper?

James:

Where's you Canadian accent? You sound like you're from midwest U.S.A. LOL. Also, when are we going to get a cat cameo? He's almost as famous as you are, in the NIB at least.

How about a video on how to burn a new calligraphy nib and how to properly load ink, into the NIB, with the eyedropper?

OooOO dip pen how to! great idea!

James:

James wishes he was from the Midwest! But if he was, I'm pretty sure we'd have to battle like Highlander! :laugh:

:thumbup: for this thread

I have a newbie question .. is there a way (other than remembering from removal) how to place the nib over the feed? what I mean is this: on one of the pens I can place the feed to go all the way to the nib tip, or reaching only half the distance to the nib tip (or any position in between those two points .. and It will still fit coz its almost circular when joined in with the nib together.

Is there a way to know this? or it wont make a difference in the working? on the other pens I pulled the nib out this was clear because it had some sort of guidelines, like ridge on the nib where the feed fits for example.

+ 1 on the mention on ink bottles would love to see some examples and proper uses .. like I notice some have angled surfaces to tilt the bottle when the ink level is dropping etc .. I was gonna post it as a thread but instead ill ask here :) the Parker Penman ink bottle has a plastic insert inside like a little well with some holes near the top .. what is the use of that? also on my bottle is at an angle .. is that right? or its misaligned. My newbie guess is that is some sort of pen holder maybe? :001_huh:

Last edited:
Very disappointing. I was expecting a crayoned vanity card. :glare:

In other news you don't sound anything like I imagined. I was expecting something more like....

$moose2.gif

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Great thread, James! Keep it up.

:thumbup: for this thread

I have a newbie question .. is there a way (other than remembering from removal) how to place the nib over the feed? what I mean is this: on one of the pens I can place the feed to go all the way to the nib tip, or reaching only half the distance to the nib tip (or any position in between those two points .. and It will still fit coz its almost circular when joined in with the nib together.

Is there a way to know this? or it wont make a difference in the working? on the other pens I pulled the nib out this was clear because it had some sort of guidelines, like ridge on the nib where the feed fits for example.

To answer your question on feed/nib relationship, the feed should be about as far forward (toward nib tip) as can be before interfering with writing ability, as in right before hitting the paper at a low angle. The further out it is, the better the flow and less dry-out while uncapped. At least that has been my experience.

Top Bottom