What's new

New Member Here

Hello all....I am new to wet shaving and have found a lot of useful information here as I have been doing research. I figured that I had might as well join in.

To give a little about myself I have been using a Merkur classic DE safety for a little while now. I like it forgiving and provides a good close shave. But ultimately I want to learn the skill of doing this with a straight.

I picked up a Slater Brothers straight from an antique shop and have been practicing my honing with my 4/8k Norton. I have attempted to shave with it twice and that bad boy needs a little more tuning on the hone and a lot of strop time. Nothing to bad but it is not there yet and I can tell it. I also have on order a new black handled 7/8 Henckels Friodur Square Point that should be here any day. :w00t: I will probably keep it tucked away until the learning curve on how to hone slows down a little.

Anyways glad to be here and I am sure that you all around here will provide me with a lot of great inside knowledge.

Later

Top Bottom