What's new

Feb. 20th International Pipe Smoking Day

An idea from the members of www.smokersforums.org

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'll certainly have mine that evening after getting home from work. If you think good razors are expensive, go price a Dunhill pipe!

I may have to buy a cob for the occasion. I have never smoked a pipe in my life but this may be an excuse to give it a try.

Cheers,

i already have a pipe and some tobacco picked out .. to carry to work as well ... will be one of the very few days i smoke at work ...

I may have to buy a cob for the occasion. I have never smoked a pipe in my life but this may be an excuse to give it a try.

Cheers,
a corn cob pipe is a very bad way to enter the pipe smoking world! If you want to try pipe smoking, you should think about a 60-70ish $ budget. Some places sells decent starter kit for that amount, otherwise, get yourself a 30-40$ pipe, The most important thing you must check on a pipe when you start, is how confortable you feel with the pipe in your hand. There's various models and therefore you should try a couple in the store, just holding them, without even putting them to your mouth. Then, you got to buy yourself a couple of pipe cleaners, filters and that metal thingy you use to damper the tobacco in your bowl. The last part is choosing the tobacco. I fyou never smoked pipe, tell the store guy, there's no shame in that. Tell him (her) that you want something smooth but not flavorless. At all costs, avoid fruit flavored tobacco, it's for poseurs, and who wants to smoke an orange or a banana anyway! A good tobacco that I still enjoy is the lane limited 1-Q bulk I found on the website www.smokingpipes.com (here's the direct link http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/lane/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=11757 ). It's a very smooth and mild tobacco, good for the first pipe of the morning and actually, all day long. They have a very good service there and they ship pretty quick. Any Dunhill tobacco is great ( http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/dunhill/index.cfm ) but believe me, you start, don't buy the flake tobacco, it's really really strong.

Anyway, for more information about pipe smoking, if you're newbie at it, this website is awesome. Also, you'll see they sell new and estate pipes (estate is the word used to say previously owned). You may see that some pipes worth over 1000$ but don't fret, they are collectors item, you really don't need that! My most expensive pipe is a Butz-Choquin church warden pipe and I paid 135$ for it. I paid 9$ for a corn cob (worst smoke of my life) and my 2 other pipes worth around 40$ each and they smoke real good!

After that, you'll find your way around tobaccos, pipe shapes, pipe lenght (My church warden is 11" long and I absolutelu LOVE that).

I hope you'll hop in the wonderful world of pipe smoking, you'll find it very interesting! If you (or anyone else for that matter) have questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer you to the extent of my knowledge. Otherwise, as I told before, www.smokingpipes.com is a handful of ressources and if you google your questions or look for techniques on youtube, you'll find plenty!

Interesting. I've had some great smokes out of my corn cob pipe. It's my non-aromatic tobacco pipe so it doesn't see a lot of use, but it smokes well. The $3 to $10 price tag makes entering pipe smoking easy.

Give one a shot and see if pipe smoking is for you before you drop serious coin on a nice pipe.

I only have one pipe. I have to say that I'd like to use it again, but reality dictates that I leave that part of my life in my past.

:a39:

Oh, not that kind of pipe?

:hand:

nevermind..

i have two corncob pipes ... that i use on a semi regular basis ... heh

either way i got my kit packed up and ready to go to work with me today ...

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been meaning to take up the pipe again for some time, and this looks like a good reason :wink:

- R

I smoked a pipe in college for a while while I was "quitting cigarettes" I think it got left at my parents house in the move. I don't recall the tobacco, but it has strong dark chocolate and coffee flavours to it, I wouldn't mind picking it up again on occasion.

Currently I occasionally smoke a hooka/nargile depending on who you talk to about 2times a month with apple-molasses tobacco. Other than that I've been smoke free for about 3 years.

Top Bottom