What's new

How to Make Your Own Razor and Shaving Brush Stand: Instructable!

Like I said on Instructables, you just saved me some money. :biggrin:

The article is good too. It's easy to follow and I just happen to love homebrew projects.

Like I said on Instructables, you just saved me some money. :biggrin:

The article is good too. It's easy to follow and I just happen to love homebrew projects.

Glad to be of service! I too wanted to save money, and needed a stand. Thus, it was born. :biggrin:

I'm big home-brew project guy myself.

I love it! Mine is way more free formed than that, but this is a really good money saver! Thanks!

P.S. Would having a curved upright that is directly centered over the base and putting your brush and razor on either side make it slightly more stable?

Haha, nice. This is a bone of contention in my house at the moment.

Me: "I need this lovely chrome brush-stand, baby. Look at it. Good price, too."

Her: "There is no way you're wasting money on that! My dad could make one, in five seconds flat. Just make your own!"

Me: "You seem to forget I'm utterly inept at making things."

Maybe this is what I'm looking for! Thanks for the Instructable. :)

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. I snuck the Moss Scuttle and Penhaligon's Bleinheim Bouquet under the radar, muahahaha...

I love it! Mine is way more free formed than that, but this is a really good money saver! Thanks!

P.S. Would having a curved upright that is directly centered over the base and putting your brush and razor on either side make it slightly more stable?

Yes, the closer both items are to the center, the more stable it is. The razor isn't of sufficient weight that you wouldn't want it a little farther out to counterbalance the brush though.

Her: "There is no way you're wasting money on that! My dad could make one, in five seconds flat. Just make your own!"

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. I snuck the Moss Scuttle and Penhaligon's Bleinheim Bouquet under the radar, muahahaha...

Glad to help solve some contention! Now you just need some nice chrome paint!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

That's the idea, don't blow your money on things like a brush stand! Use your money to buy a Mergress, or a nice Fatboy, or some good shaving cream. Make it count!

Weird... I made a comment, but it isn't there.

Hey, my comments are up and a plug for both B&B and Mama Bear Soaps are there!

Wow! I just got notified that this is now "popular" on Instructables, so is being put on the front page.

Wow...

Thanks for the kind words Rabid. You were the first commenter too, and for that I'm also grateful and pleased.

This is hugely entertaining to me. From Steampunk Forums > Badger and Blade > Needing a Razor/Brush stand > Instructables > Lifehacker

The internet is wacky.

Thanks for the kind words Rabid. You were the first commenter too, and for that I'm also grateful and pleased.

This is hugely entertaining to me. From Steampunk Forums > Badger and Blade > Needing a Razor/Brush stand > Instructables > Lifehacker

The internet is wacky.

I think I may be the first on everything because I spend the most time online at work. :wink:

You've got me curious what a steampunk razor would look like... My closest guess would be the Merkur Futur.

Top Bottom