What's new

Indulgence of the Night, 9/5/05 - 9/11/05

Figured "drink of the night" isn't representative enough for a bunch of high-class boozers, smokers, etc. like us.... :tongue:

Right now I am making dinner (waiting for some chickens to finish up smoking outside), drinking my last Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The darn liquor store was closed today, so my dreams of a Ron-eque Manhattan were dashed. After the kids bedtime, I am planning on sitting outside with a snifter of Cardenal Mendoza Spanish Brandy and a pipefull of fine tobacco. I am going to spit in the eye of the fates that made me work today while others were off....

Vodka Gibsons on the rocks!
Don't tell me about your pot stills, Gimme Stoly! The vodka that tubed the Soviet Union.
6 Crystal Clear Ice Cubes in a double rocks glass
A (healthy) double jigger of Stoly
A short splash of Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
3 Ritz de Paris Escoffier Onions (It's good for your libido)
Stir with finger, lick finger.
Chow down on some Art and Mary's Jalapeno Chips with some salsa fresca and enjoy. :a12:

Hey Scotto!
What were those chickens smokin'? Do we need to call the DEA? (As they used to say on Rowen and Martin Laugh In, "Ack, another chicken joke?") :c9:

guenron said:
Hey Scotto!
What were those chickens smokin'? Do we need to call the DEA? (As they used to say on Rowen and Martin Laugh In, "Ack, another chicken joke?") :c9:

:lol:

Same as our good man Ron except almond stuffed olives and have not had a smoke yet but the day is young.

guenron said:
Hey Scotto!

Have another Gibson, Ron. :wink:

Well (Lady and) Gentlemen,

I'm sitting in my room in the Hilton in Woodland Hills (on Canoga) tonight on an attrocious Hitlon WiFi network, and I have braved the LAPD (thank God I'm in SoCal not NorCal, or I would be in the clink with a DUI charge) to relate to you my 'indulgence'' of the night.

Since this is 'indulgence' of the night (I wish the distinction was made earlier as I have had some FANTASTIC meals in the previous week), I started with two Bushmill's Manhattans. I then had the best Bloody Mary I've had in the past 6 months at Chili's... Then we moved on to Maggiano's, which is GREAT Italian for the money, where we had a bottle of 00' (I think 00) Barola from Chiarlo which was superb... a little dry, but superb nonetheless, followed by two Booker's Manhattans which were almost all Bookers, and almost no Manhattan. :wink:

-Nick

Edit: I should mention that while I had a few, I didn't drive until the vast majority of it was out of my system, and while driving with any booze in your system isn't a good thing, I would've been heckled by the PD; however, they wouldn't have cause to 'throw me in the clink.' :smile:

Nick said:
I then had the best Bloody Mary I've had in the past 6 months at Chili's...

When I want to go out and have some good mix drinks this is were ill go since they are usually very good and the food is reasonable.

Just got this AMAZING $400 Retro FULLY handmade in the USA Pewter cocktail shaker for only $31 on ebay because it had a small ding in it!

proxy.php

I had emailed the company and asked about having it repaired.... depending on how long it takes to repair - it is either free, or a small menial charge!

Schweet!! This thing is gorgeous! Here is a LINK to the site and the shaker in question.

I think i'll have to break it in with some manhattans... only problem is - this sucker is big enough to make 5 or 6!

joel said:
Just got this AMAZING $400 Retro FULLY handmade in the USA Pewter cocktail shaker for only $31 on ebay because it had a small ding in it!

proxy.php

I had emailed the company and asked about having it repaired.... depending on how long it takes to repair - it is either free, or a small menial charge!

Schweet!! This thing is gorgeous! Here is a LINK to the site and the shaker in question.

I think i'll have to break it in with some manhattans... only problem is - this sucker is big enough to make 5 or 6!

Is that so..........well tell me when and ill help you drink them..lol

gage0921 said:
When I want to go out and have some good mix drinks this is were ill go since they are usually very good and the food is reasonable.

Same for me and my friends for the most part. Months ago, there wasn't even a question, as our local Chili's in Capitola had their Margarita recipe 'wrong' and used too much top shelf tequila/booze in their Margaritas, so the deal was unbeatable. Corporate has since forced them to change their ratios, but they're still a pretty good deal.

-Nick

Well tonite was total indulgence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......I would post picks but dont want to offend anyone :w00t: The night started out with a Monticristo CUBAN....yum. Then it was 2 vodka martinis and then a Olive grand maduro with another vodka martini......Like I said earlier.......what else I had would not be appropiate to talk about.... :biggrin: TOTAL INDULGENCE

Stoly Vodka, Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth, Ritz de Paris Escoffier Onions (3) Gibson on the Rocks!
Some more salsa fresca hecho (picante) en casa a mano de SWMBO and chips :tongue_sm

Finally got the liquor store.

Alright, Ron this is for you:

Double shot Makers Mark Bourbon
Scant shot Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Shaken over 8 fresh ice cubes
Poured over 2 long-stemmed maraschino cherries

HOLY COW are these good! :a54:

Ron, I am raising my glass to the West in your honor.

Scant 3/4 shot Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
3 dashes Angostura bitters

Ahhh..

Scotto said:
Scant 3/4 shot Noilly Prat Sweet Vermouth
3 dashes Angostura bitters

Ahhh..
I've run out of bitters! Help, help!!
Cinzano Sweet Vermouth and Cinzano Dry Vermouth (50-50) on the rocks with zest of lemon :biggrin:

Top Bottom