What's new

Medicine cabinet blade slot

My parent's 1st house had a blade slot in the medicine chest. My dad used it for 30+ years until we had to move due to 'Urban Renewal' We went back to the house a week later to find the insides totally trashed by metal scavengers. The bathroom walls were ripped out, the plumbing pipes, the bath tub, and the heating system's radiators were gone. However, the bathroom floor was covered in razor blades. And, there were visible blood stains on the floor. The thieves were bitten by the blades no doubt.

This all beats hell out of the tin Bugs Bunny bank I bought in a dollar store & throw my spent blades in...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Just looked at this. The 1st post on this thread was on Jan. 16th 2008. Can just imagine how many guys in those 10 years have now added a slot in the wall to throw spent blades into.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Just looked at this. The 1st post on this thread was on Jan. 16th 2008. Can just imagine how many guys in those 10 years have now added a slot in the wall to throw spent blades into.

Or bought an old house on the strength of having a blade slot in the med cabinet.

Or bought an old house on the strength of having a blade slot in the med cabinet.
How many wives have shook their heads as the husband has said;

"Forgot a finished basement, a fireplace or a pool...does it have a blade slot in the medicine cabinet? If it doesn't, that's a deal breaker!"

When I went to the Peaks of Otter (a hotel along the Blue Ridge Parkway) two months ago, I took a picture of the blade slot built into the TILE in the bathroom there. None the less, it was packed with blades!!
Nice potato-cam you got! Did you take any close-ups? What did the text on the tile read?

I know of a couple of contractors who have done extensive bathroom renovations that say when they tore those walls out, literally thousands of blades can occasionally be found. They (obviously) have to be really careful. One guy told me he usually uses a shop vac to get the majority of them out, but has to throw the hose away after.

Hench

For instance...

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It seems strange to dispose of blades this way"out of site out of mind" maybe that is were the saying came from. I use a home made bank that works for me!
20171114_222038.jpg

Nice potato-cam you got! Did you take any close-ups? What did the text on the tile read?

Not sure exactly what a potato- cam is, but the picture is about 10 years old and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a 20 megapixel camera in my smartphone back then. It was probably taken on a flip phone, if I know me... I have no idea what the text on the tile says.

Top Bottom