What's new

Shavette and longer blades

I have the red, black and green sleeves.

I removed the spine of one of the Shenli blades and it fits the red sleeve now but it was not a smooth shave, very tuggy. will try again.

thesuperiorshave also sent through a pack of (free) long personna blades (with spine) and they fit one of the sleeves. although they are a dearer option they may be the most suitable.

Just yesterday I was at a pseudo barbershop getting a straight Barber shave, and saw a pretty awesome hair shaper tool that looked identical to Dovo's shavette, but used a big DE blade that you'd snap in half called Hercules. Made in solingen. Anyone ever try that out on their shaving routine?

Last edited:
+1 on the Weck Sextoblade .. those blades are also thicker/stiffer then the regular DE or even the longer blades some shavettes used (they are same thickness like the DE).

Those feather blades are also thinner then the From/Personna etc .. and have thinner spine, but with some fidgeting they can work in the Sextoblade as well, altho not as good as the Fromm/Personna ..

Ana I would judge the Sextoblade to be close approximation on 5/8 th hollow ground straight razor. The guard is useful to calm your nerves on the first few strokes :D But I ditched it after that .. it works ok, just fills with lather fast and need to be rinsed all the time.

Just yesterday I was at a pseudo barbershop getting a straight Barber shave, and saw a pretty awesome hair shaper tool that looked identical to Dovo's shavette, but used a big DE blade that you'd snap in half called Hercules. Made in solingen. Anyone ever try that out on their shaving routine?

Herrcules is a salon equipment/brush distributor that distributed a Sifter. There are many companies that market a sifter: Cerena, CRP, Dovo, Erbe, Euro Socap, Hercules, Jaguar/Tuckmar, Kutch, NTS, Erbe, Euro Socap, Sibel IN, Takai, Tondeo, 4420 and in a different style Miraki. They all use Cabinet blades, which can differ and be proprietary but will fit other sifter inserts.

Top Bottom