What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

Yeah it's a tough one to describe too ... OOB it's almost phenolic but it goes through a bunch of stages.

I rather thought it was like being hugged by an octogenarian chain-smoking prostitute wearing a leather jacket but that's not quite right either. :w00t:

Yeah it's a tough one to describe too ... OOB it's almost phenolic but it goes through a bunch of stages.

I rather thought it was like being hugged by an octogenarian chain-smoking prostitute wearing a leather jacket but that's not quite right either. :w00t:

You certainly have a way with words. Your description makes me feel as though I'm right there with the chain smoking prostitute.

"... like being hugged by an octogenarian chain-smoking prostitute wearing a leather jacket"

haha, good imagery. Kolnisch Juchten sounds like you can apply leather, oil, burning, and rose in a description, then add things like poetic overtones, intense, raw, musk-like and you aren't going to be far off how I've seen others describe it.

How goes the battle David? Did you find a better plan than I to try the stuff?

I don't think I'm doing any better than you did. Honestly it's overwhelming going through all of these. I think I'm about defeated at this point and feel guilty each day I have the box for not passing it on sooner. I did find a few that I really like and got to try a lot of nice things. Many were nice and enjoyable but not "must haves" for me.

There are some nice soap samples in the box including some MdC in their original and fougere scents. It was nice of someone to include that. I already have tubs of both so it will go untouched by me. The Klar soap is a really nice addition to the box so whoever put that in there thank you. I'd never tried it and really enjoyed it. I'd like to cut off a nice sized piece of that since there is so much there but I have no idea what the guidelines are for that.

I did finish the wood support for the box the other day so that's a plus. It's in a large flat rate box giving lots of room to add some more items and to properly protect those that are in there already. Remember if a box leaks it gets pulled and destroyed so we have to pack it in a way that a leak is contained. I don't think it's a question of if something will leak but more of a when something will leak.

I'm about to ask for an address and send the box on to the next person so if anyone has anything that anyone thinks I should try please let me know. It would help to get a few recommendations to narrow this down a bit.

I think you should definitely cut yourself off a chunk of the KK. As many as you've been through,you need to try it. For me it may have been the best Veg soap I've ever tried.

chef8489 - yep, just added you. Sorry, been out of pocket and just became available again.

dfoulk - glad you enjoyed the KK and MdC - thought LBussy was going to keep them as a reward for getting this back in gear, lol. Almost didn't put them in but I felt bad I had so many samples evaporate that I had to send something along.

The rules are pretty much "If it feels right, go ahead".
Not everyone is going to find something they like, and some are going to find several things they do. If you have something unique to add, that is great, but not everyone can do that either. The soap samples were for taking, as this is a fragrance sample box, but the more sparingly the taking is on fragrances, the more can share down the road. Doesn't mean you can't take a fragrance sample, especially if you've added value in return. The last thing has been the runaround - try and get everything of your own in order prior to the box coming your way. Two week turnaround average would be nice to maintain, four weeks is too long, but hey - we all have lives and jobs and s* happens. Do your best, and that is all we can ask. And, enjoy the experience.

35 dfoulk (7/7/14) - getting ready to mail out soon
36 USMCKoontz (7/17/14)
37 Joe I (7/18/14)
38 jmurphy (7/18/14) - dead last is better than being dead
39 smoothie72 (7/25/14) - can't get enough
40 SkepticalWalrus (10/07/14)
41 PGHChris (11/19/14)
42 jdawgl (11/22/14)
43 eventi (11/23/14)
44 dangerousdon (2/22/15) - I am sure the list is closed
45 Tarquinius (3/6/15) - I'd love to chock the box
46 LBussy (3/13/15) - GREAT JOB on standing it back up again!!
47 lfs70 (3/17/15) - ".. nice selection of frag samples that I would gladly add to the box"
48 dfoulk (3/17/15)
49 AndroiDad75 (3/27/15)
50 preston1000 (4/10/15)
51 chef8489 (5/08/15)

I just asked USMCKoontz for his address for the passaround box. I'll be sending it his way soon.
Sorry to slow this thing down I gave it my best shot but trying a whole lot of it is really a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

David after trying them all:

$blowing-nose-390x285.jpg

I just asked USMCKoontz for his address for the passaround box. I'll be sending it his way soon.
Sorry to slow this thing down I gave it my best shot but trying a whole lot of it is really a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

I replied :) Cant wait to see what all is it it... Gonna be fun.. My wife is very picky so it will be cool to see what stuff she likes compared to me..

>>My wife is very picky so it will be cool to see what stuff she likes compared to me..>>

haha, found that my wife doesn't like anything with scent except some strange strawberry lotion she gets at the salon (pressure sales no doubt) that I find repulsive, so in the end it just means I wear what I enjoy and don't worry if she likes it or not since I already know the answer. :)

The Fragrance Passaround box is on it's way to the next participant. The box is lined with wood to make it crush proof and the fragrance samples are inside of ziploc bags that are then inside of some plastic rubbermaid containers. So it's very unlikely that this box will be leaking since there are several barriers that would have to be broken in order for it to do so.

I sent a bunch of cologne samples to LBussy earlier to start the box and those are still in the box. My takes are as follow:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Aventus
A good sized chunk of Klar Kabinet

There is another sample of Creed Green Irish Tweed in the box so the only thing that I took that isn't still available in the box for the next person in line is the small Aventus sample. Sorry, I had to take that one as I've been wanting to try it for about a year now. I already have a couple Aventus scented soaps, a knock off cologne and even a matching aftershave.

The Green Irish Tweed is rather nice as well. I've heard that it was similar to Davidoff Cool Water which I already own and enjoy, but to me it's much nicer. Even to the point where I'd consider purchasing a bottle. My wife really liked this one as well so that made the choice really easy. The fact that there was a second sample of this in the box helped as well.

The Klar soap was a really nice addition. The blocks of this stuff are huge and I definitely enjoyed using it. If it were still easily accessible I'd likely order some. There's supposed to be a soap called Dusy that is a match and is made by Klar but it's not easily available in the US and shipping would cost just as much as the soap. It has a strong rose scent. I'm not really a floral guy but it was quite nice and after all I'm confident enough in my manhood to enjoy a nice flower scented soap once in a while. Performance wise it's not the best vege soap I've used (PannaCrema likely is) but it's quite nice lathered easily and gave a very nice shave. I'll definitely enjoy using the piece I cut from the block. So thank you for that.

Performance wise it's not the best vege soap I've used (PannaCrema likely is) but it's quite nice lathered easily and gave a very nice shave. I'll definitely enjoy using the piece I cut from the block. So thank you for that.
I can see I'm going to have to try something new....:)

I can see I'm going to have to try something new....:)

PannaCrema gives an excellent rich luxurious lather but the scents for me are just ok. The lather is some of the very best I've tried though. You should definitely try that one. I don't have a lot left but if you send me your address again Lee and I'll send you enough for a few shaves.

I find that I shave most with the soaps/creams I enjoy the scents of most, being more important than the lathering and shaving ability. There are just so many good and excellent ones out there, that for me it doesn't make sense in using a great shaving product if the scent isn't also there for me. That is what got me into the colognes / aftershaves etc in the first place, trying to keep some of these nice shaving scents lingering after the shave.

PannaCrema gives an excellent rich luxurious lather but the scents for me are just ok. The lather is some of the very best I've tried though. You should definitely try that one. I don't have a lot left but if you send me your address again Lee and I'll send you enough for a few shaves.
Thanks David, I appreciate it. You probably don't need any more shave soap but I'll send you along a tin of the most recent batch. This is the reformulated one (new Stearic source) with a smidge of EDTA for hard water. My friend in Wichita with hard water tells me it works well enough he can ditch the DI water jug he hept for lathering and just use tap water. If you don't need it, pass it along. :001_smile

I find that I shave most with the soaps/creams I enjoy the scents of most, being more important than the lathering and shaving ability. There are just so many good and excellent ones out there, that for me it doesn't make sense in using a great shaving product if the scent isn't also there for me. That is what got me into the colognes / aftershaves etc in the first place, trying to keep some of these nice shaving scents lingering after the shave.
My smeller is very sensitive and I've always been more apt to choose something that smells good (food, soap, ladies) over something that performs good. Not by a lot, I demand a lot from my soap for instance and test those without scent. But, I may weigh a good scent by a couple percent more than performance. That's probably why I still have some LPV in my rotation even though it's not really as performant as my other choices. If I could just figure out THAT scent I could add it to my own soap and I'd be in heaven.

I guess that's why I was so psyched to try all these fragrances (see how I got back on subject? :laugh: )

Top Bottom