What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

OK, this is pretty simple: there's a box, and a list.:001_rolle

The box is full of fragrance samples (and a few a/s samples, and maybe some other goodies).

The list starts with plpenn, and grows as people sign up in this thread. We'll cap the list at 25 for now to try and keep it manageable.

Here's how it works: I send the box to plpenn. He sees a few he's always wanted to try, smells a couple of others, and picks some to add to his fragrance rotation for a week or two. He comes back and posts his impressions on this thread. Once he's tried the ones he wants to try, back in the box they go, along with maybe a couple of samples plpenn had lying around. He PM's the next guy on the list for his address, and sends the box along.

Hopefully, this will be a great way for folks to try a bunch of different fragrances. A few guidelines:

- CONUS only
-by accepting the box, you agree to pay shipping to the next guy. Right now, everything fits in a small USPS flat rate box, so the "buy-in" is $5.15
- Feel free to try as many of the samples as you like when you get the box, but try not to keep the box for more than two weeks.
- You don't have to add anything to the box, but adding fragrance samples, other samples, or anything else you think folks might want to try that is small enough to fit in the small flat rate box is encouraged.
- you may take something out of the box permanently if you like, but please if you can replace it with something of reasonably equivalent value and variety (e.g., don't take out the sample of Knize Ten and put in 2ml of Clubman)
- please post your impressions of the fragrances you try on this thread.
- When you ship the box off, post the tracking number so we can follow its progress.

Here's the starting lineup:

1. Plpenn
  2. Jzuzphreek
  3. Helzerr
  4. Jpipes3 has the box incoming.
  5. Cseagren81
  6. Intotheforge
  7. Hotreds
  8. Mattdenicola
  9. Xillion
  10. Kooze
  11. Deruitem
  12. Head Rigger
  13. Scboch
  14. MickToley
  15. GarrettReid
  16. Colaim
  17. Neilyasno
  18. LouSee
  19. Zombeezy
  20. Cricket1
  21. Shmuel
  22. Coramdeo412

- HAVE FUN!!!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm In!!

What about accepting women's frags as well? You know for the LsOTH (Ladies of the house) who put up with such nonsense. :thumbup1:

and, to start things off, my impressions of some of the fragrances in the box. I don't know much about fragrances, and these are just what I was able to piece together from some notes I jotted down a while back, but at least this will give you a preview of what's in the box:

Knize Ten EDT - OK, maybe a bit too subtle for me.
Eau des Baux - Strong vanilla. Very nice. SWMBO doesn't like it.
Guerlaine Homme - Lovely.
Creed Original Vetiver - Nice, subtle, maybe a little old-fashioned. Narrow band of fragrance.
Marc Jacobs - Light - I liked it.
Aramis - Intriguing; nice.
Michael for Men - liked it
Egoiste Platinum - a bit too "old lady" - unpleasant at the start, but mellows out into a very pleasant fragrance.

and, to start things off, my impressions of some of the fragrances in the box. I don't know much about fragrances, and these are just what I was able to piece together from some notes I jotted down a while back, but at least this will give you a preview of what's in the box:

Knize Ten EDT - OK, maybe a bit too subtle for me.
Eau des Baux - Strong vanilla. Very nice. SWMBO doesn't like it.
Guerlaine Homme - Lovely.
Creed Original Vetiver - Nice, subtle, maybe a little old-fashioned. Narrow band of fragrance.
Marc Jacobs - Light - I liked it.
Aramis - Intriguing; nice.
Michael for Men - liked it
Egoiste Platinum - a bit too "old lady" - unpleasant at the start, but mellows out into a very pleasant fragrance.

My SWMBO really likes the Baux. She got me the ASB for our anniversary. :D

Count me in! Good way to try some new stuff and get rid if some nice samples that I don't appreciate as much as some other guys.

Here is the list to get us started:

Plpenn
Jzuzphreek
Helzerr
Jpipes3
Cseagren81
Intotheforge
Hotreds
Mattdenicola
Xillion
Kooze
Deruitem

id love to be in on this as well if theres still room. just tell me how to sign up. i dont have much in the way of samples, but i do have some bottles i may be willing to add in if theres room that others may appreciate .k let me know

Top Bottom