What's new

Traveling Fragrance Sample Box

Nice list!! Thanks for posting it LBussy .... we want everyone start salivating again.

Mine might not get there until Wed or Thurs - tracking still doesn't show it (I PMd you the number)

I just checked the tracking number for what I sent Lee and it says they're in his mailbox.
They are and the box is dry and odorless. I did not have a chance to open it last night.

Bear in mind these are all sample sizes so it's going to take constant turnover to keep this going.

(I am notoriously slow responding during the week so don't worry if you write/ask a question and I don't answer. Work, while paying the bills, does tend to keep me busier than I like!)

I just ordered a whole bunch of 5mL atomizers - plastic, for the sake of being passed around like they will be. They should arrive in a few days; I will decant a bunch of different fragrances, label them, and ship them to whomever has the box at the time. I'm thinking I'll do at least 10, maybe more. And, again, these will be 5mL so the should last awhile.

I'll check back in as soon as I get everything ready to ship.

Ok, the 5mL atomizers have shipped, and I should see them Friday or Saturday (hopefully). I will try to get the decants out as soon after I receive the atomizers as possible; Saturday or Monday (again, hopefully). As of right now, I've decided on the following twelve fragrances:

Azzaro - Pour Homme
Baldessarini - Private Affairs
Burberry - London
Christian Dior - Eau Sauvage (EdT)
Creed - Green Irish Tweed (can never have too much of that, IMHO)
Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Male
Juicy Couture - Dirty English
Lalique - Encre Noire
Monotheme - Black Label Leather
Penhaligon's - English Fern
Phaedon - Tabac Rouge
Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Oud Absolu

I also have a few carded samples of Versace Oud Noir, and I'll include one or two of those. I also might add decants of Pour un Homme de Caron, Guerlain Vetiver, and/or YSL Rive Gauche; I need to check levels on those ones first, though.

Unfortunately, the Tom Ford's, Amouage's, and other Creed's are either running very low, or are decants themselves, so I don't have enough to include any of those. That said, the Monotheme Leather is fairly similar to Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, and Phaedon Tabac Rouge is pretty similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.

I'll check back as soon as I have everything ready to ship, and see where the box is. If anyone has any requests, feel free to shout them out - If I have it in enough quantity I'll try to include it.

Ok, the 5mL atomizers have shipped, and I should see them Friday or Saturday (hopefully). I will try to get the decants out as soon after I receive the atomizers as possible; Saturday or Monday (again, hopefully). As of right now, I've decided on the following twelve fragrances:

Azzaro - Pour Homme
Baldessarini - Private Affairs
Burberry - London
Christian Dior - Eau Sauvage (EdT)
Creed - Green Irish Tweed (can never have too much of that, IMHO)
Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Male
Juicy Couture - Dirty English
Lalique - Encre Noire
Monotheme - Black Label Leather
Penhaligon's - English Fern
Phaedon - Tabac Rouge
Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Oud Absolu

I also have a few carded samples of Versace Oud Noir, and I'll include one or two of those. I also might add decants of Pour un Homme de Caron, Guerlain Vetiver, and/or YSL Rive Gauche; I need to check levels on those ones first, though.

Unfortunately, the Tom Ford's, Amouage's, and other Creed's are either running very low, or are decants themselves, so I don't have enough to include any of those. That said, the Monotheme Leather is fairly similar to Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, and Phaedon Tabac Rouge is pretty similar to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.

I'll check back as soon as I have everything ready to ship, and see where the box is. If anyone has any requests, feel free to shout them out - If I have it in enough quantity I'll try to include it.

Chris,

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to try many of these. Since you asked about requests please do include the Guerlain Vetiver, even if it's only a very small amount as that's one I've read a lot about and have really wanted to try. In reading the top 5 or best three type of fragrance threads on this forum I see that one mentioned quite frequently.

Thanks again,
David

Okay I received a metric crapton of stuff today - I *think* it was from Zombeezy. Shipped from Herndon? The rest of the label was obscured. Lots of interesting smells in there and quite a sample of soaps to go with it! Some empties too for folks to fill and share.

I think I have replied to everyone. If you send something and I did not answer please let me know. I have all the boxes/packages here so I can check again if I somehow lost my mind and forgot to reply.

There's like no way I'll be able to catalog all these tonight, I'll *try* tomorrow night since the wife will be out with her work friends.

I wonder if I could be added to the end of the line?
There's this HUGE application process to go through. You also need to be referred by three tonsorial masters.

.... Or Zombeezy will add you when he comes back. He seems to be in here every couple days.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427565001.103009.jpg

Ok, all frags are decanted and will ship out on Monday. Whomever will have the box on Wednesday or Thursday: please PM me your shipping info and I'll get the package sent out to you promptly.

Them are fancy Chris! I believe David (dfoulk) is after me so they should likely go his way. I won't be able to try all that are here now.

PGHChris - nice pic of those samples! Excellent labels as well :)
Not like my dried up empties that still smell alright but nothing left to wear (well, some may if you stand them upright for awhile). LBussy guessed right - if I had a bigger box, would have added some more stuff. I was so happy to find a box my wife hadn't turned into gerbil chew-food.

AndroiDad75 - will add you at the end of the list - big fan of anyone with a user name like that.

33 kbull719 (5/12/14) - rcvd box 1/15/15
34 LBussy (5/23/14) - kickstarting box again, also gets return visit
35 dfoulk (7/7/14) - kickstarting box again, also gets return visit
36 USMCKoontz (7/17/14)
37 Joe I (7/18/14)
38 jmurphy (7/18/14) - dead last is better than being dead
39 smoothie72 (7/25/14) - can't get enough
40 SkepticalWalrus (10/07/14)
41 PGHChris (11/19/14)
42 jdawgl (11/22/14)
43 eventi (11/23/14)
44 dangerousdon (2/22/15) - I am sure the list is closed
45 Tarquinius (3/6/15) - I'd love to chock the box
46 LBussy (3/13/15) - "if the SO is into it, it makes it a whole lot easier"
47 lfs70 (3/17/15) - ".. nice selection of frag samples that I would gladly add to the box"
48 dfoulk (3/17/15)
49 AndroiDad75 (3/27/15)

Okay guys here's the updated all-inclusive list. Are you sitting down? It's fair to say the Travelling Fragrance Sample Box is BACK! David (dfoulk) is putting together something to help the box survive and he's going to send that to me. When it gets here it will be on it's way.

Smells:
Gatsby Solid Cologne
Victoria's Secret - Very Sexy
John Richmond
Rue 21 Revert Eco
Curve for Men
William Neuman & Co. Old-Fashioned Soda
William Neuman & Co. Bay Rum
William Neuman & Co. Lime and Mint Rum
William Neuman & Co. Peppermint Clove
William Neuman & Co. Absolute Zero
Nautica Blue
Gucci Guilty
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Blue
Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil
Ralph Lauren Big Pony IV
Burberry Brit
Versace Eros
Versace pour Homme
Marly Lippizan
Prada Amber
Alure Homme
Creed Aventus
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Imperia Millesime
Channel Coromandel
Micallef Royal Vintage
Eau d'Italie Jardin du Poete
Kolnisch Juchten
Parfumerie Generale Querelle
Oliver & Co. M.O.U.S.S.E.
Caron Yatagan
Bond No. 9 Eau de New York
Mandarina Duck Black
AB Lomani Spirit Platinum
Muskimngwear Penguin
Penhalogon's English Fern
Davidoff Cool Water
Gucci Pour Homme
Nautica Voyage
AB Lomani Silver
Penhaligon's Sartorial
Mount Blanc Legend
Mount Blanc Individual
Alfred Sung Sung Homme
Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Acqua Di Gio

And these are from a big bag o'stuff that Zombeezy mentioned were dried up. A lot are dried up, some have a couple drops, a few survived well:
Odir for Men
Azzaro Pour Homme
Chanel Pour Monsieurazzaro Onyx
Molyneux Quartz Homme
Dior Homme
VC&A Pour Homme
Tommy Bahama
Varvatos
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts
Mugler Colgne
MPG Eau de Iles
Trusardi Inside Man
Davidoff Adventure
PdN Cedrat
Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude
Varvatos Vintage
Givenchey Monseiur (vtg)
Caron Pour un Homme
Versace Dreamer
MPG Racine
Davidoff Zino
Mugler Pure Malt
Rochas Man
MPG Route du Vetiver
Dio Farenheit
Dolce y Gabana Man
Profumi de Patelleria Maestrale
Acqua di Parma Colonia
Hilda Soliane Bell'Antonio
Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo
Lalique Encre Noir
Carthusia 1681
I Profumi di Firenza Dresco di Vetiver
Gucci Pour Homme
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
Hermes Rocabar
Parfums MDCI Invasion Barbare

Some soaps:
Klar Kabinett (just shy of 750g)
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Barrister & Mann Vetiver/Heather/Clary Sage
Martin de Candre Regular
Martin de Candre Fougere
Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
(Unknown) Rose & Cedarwood
(Unknown) Barber Shop
Barrister & Mann Seville
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris
Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood
Geo. F. Trumper Almond
Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Barrister & Mann Unscented
Al's Palermo
Al's Calabria
Al's Bodega
Al's Calypso
Al's Goodfellas
Al's Jubilee
Queen Charlotte Green Irish Tweed
Queen Charlotte Vostok
Queen Charlotte Lavender
(I'll add a couple more when this goes out if there's room)

12 Empty/new 10ml atomizers

Some for the ladies:
Ayala Moriel Espionage
Ayala Moriel Grin
Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée
Arquiste Fleur de Louis

I think I've captured everything and replied to everyone that sent something. If I have not please let me know.

I've spent a few hours on a few different nights with a pile of samples, a bag of coffee beans (refreshes your smeller) and pen and paper. I found a few I'm going to wear this week before it goes out. Unfortunately my lovely wife threw away my notes (They were just scribbles!) so I don't have many thoughts to share.

Am I up? I stayed away from the thread so the box would be a surprise.

I am going on vacation this Sunday 4/5/2015!! EEeeek. I will PM PGHChris. Looks like I will have to be skipped. I do not want to delay the pass around for two weeks.

I am going on vacation this Sunday 4/5/2015!! EEeeek. I will PM PGHChris. Looks like I will have to be skipped. I do not want to delay the pass around for two weeks.

Haha, you're safe - you still have a good while. The box went missing, so we're starting up a new one. The pictures I posted were of decants I'm donating to the new box. I sent my donations to dfoulk, who will be receiving the "new" box once LBussy is done. Once dfoulk is done, there is still five people who are in front of me; I don't think your vacation will interrupt anything :wink2:

With the delay and each participant taking an average of a month with the box you'd have to take a hell of a long vacation for it to interfere with your turn. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you're still about 6 months away from your turn. Most here have waited a year or longer. I know this is the longest passaround I've ever been in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom