What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 3rd - Sunday July 9th

A tub of Coates Lime from another forum member:
full

Of course, I have a full tub of Coates Lime already. Why on earth did I need another? :blushing: Of course, the answer lies in Stage 4....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyril R Salter Fresh Mint Shaving Cream
Taylor's Rose Shaving Cream
Alum Block (My old one shattered because I dropped it!)
100 Derby Blades

Mama Bear Soaps!
>> Rosemary and Mint
>> Rosewood
>> Sandalwood and Vanilla (to be traded with LX for his dragonsblood, which irritated his skin)

Another Score from a fellow member:
full

Trumper Violet (don't care for it, but people love to get samples of it)
QED Rose Geranium shave stick

Mitch, I know Godrej fresh lime too, it's decent, but I once had a cream from India which is even better, it's called Park Avenue. In my honest and unbiased opinion, that's probably the best cream out of India.

Jeff

proxy.php

I'm on a Sandalwood binge, looking and trying everything Sandalwood.
I love the stuff. I used to think the T&H Lavender was to strong smelling, but after using some KMF Lavender I thought I would give it a try.

CraigK

Havana by Aramis EdT

Top Notes
Coriander Seed, Anise, BIrch Tar, Juniper Berry, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange

Middle Notes
Bay Rum, Cumin, Jamaican Pimento Berry, Pepper, Jasmine, Hyacinth.

Base Notes
Exotic Woods, Tobacco, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Myrhh, Labdanum, Oilbanum, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Austin said:
Rik, very nice acquisition. Very nice scent. Unfortunately, isn't Havana discontinued?
Unfortunately so. It's getting much harder to come by.

Wow, Alexander (LX_Emergency) really came through for me! I had offered to buy a MB soap for him in exchange for his Dragon's Blood (he wanted to try something else and I was making an order, so I tacked it on). Well, the Dragon's Blood came today - but he also included some Palmolive and some other shaving soap! (pictures coming). Truly a stand-up guy, who sent the stuff off while on his honeymoon. I don't know what his SWMBO thought of it, but it was definitely a gesture that I appreciated.

[EDIT] Here's the photo. LX is on his honeymoon - can anyone else identify the soap in the middle? I just lathered some up; it smells nice. Very mild soapy smell.

proxy.php

SSLStudio said:
Cool are you from the Netherlands or since Verguldehand I would not think it would lie in us stores.
I deleted my stoopid post before I wasnt so awake thought I was in SOTD ..oh..the tropical heat...

Not from the Netherlands, just travelling there on business (which is the reason for the delay in responding to you).

The recommendations for the Vergulden Hand products came from a few members on the site. I've only had the chance to try the a/s balm, which I think is a great value at only 3 Euro per tube.

The recommendation for the Van Gils came from the cute woman in the perfume store :001_smile - seroiously though, the stuff smelled pretty good and my understanding is that its hard to get outside of the Netherlands, which made buying some seem like a good idea.

rossination said:
Wow, Alexander (LX_Emergency) really came through for me! I had offered to buy a MB soap for him in exchange for his Dragon's Blood (he wanted to try something else and I was making an order, so I tacked it on). Well, the Dragon's Blood came today - but he also included some Palmolive and some other shaving soap! (pictures coming). Truly a stand-up guy, who sent the stuff off while on his honeymoon. I don't know what his SWMBO thought of it, but it was definitely a gesture that I appreciated.

[EDIT] Here's the photo. LX is on his honeymoon - can anyone else identify the soap in the middle? I just lathered some up; it smells nice. Very mild soapy smell.

proxy.php

The soap in the middle is the der Verguilde Hand brand that is a drugstore staple throughout the Netherlands (I only know this due to the friendly advice of some of the Dutch members of the forum).

I bought the A/S balm and shaving cream - the stuff is quite a good buy for the $$ - I think the tub of soap is only about 2 - 3 Euros and is only available in the Netherlands.

Simpson "Ranger" brush - does anyone know anythin about this model?
Coates Lime
Coates Lavender
Coates Sandalwood
Merkur travel razor and pouch

Essential Organics Olive Nourishing Body Bar--picked up at Marshalls on clearance

very nice stuff--really rich and moisturizing lather

Also picked up a Ginger & Lime bath bar for my wife.

full
  • QED Vetiver Shave Stick
  • QED Lemon & Cedarwood Shave Stick
  • Gillette Menthol Shave Cream
  • Gillette Lemon-lime Shave Cream

For real vetiver lovers, this QED shaving soap is nirvana. Used it this AM and all I can say is WOW!.:tongue_sm

The Gillette shaving creams, out of SWA, are compliments of Kujo. Thanks for helping to keep it exciting.:thumbup:

Ron, those 2 Gillette creams are made in Lebanon. I know of a store here in Montreal which carries them as well. I tried the menthol one, which lathers great, and leaves me with a very cool face, but I don't care for the scent, the lemon-lime one, well that one also lathers great, but there's too much of a lemon-lime scent! That's my opinion, you might love them both.

Jeff

crackstar said:
Ron, those 2 Gillette creams are made in Lebanon. I know of a store here in Montreal which carries them as well. I tried the menthol one, which lathers great, and leaves me with a very cool face, but I don't care for the scent, the lemon-lime one, well that one also lathers great, but there's too much of a lemon-lime scent! That's my opinion, you might love them both.

Jeff
Right your are in Southwest Asia. (aka Middle East).. I sniffed the lemon-lime and it smelled smokey. After the vetiver shave this AM, everything smells smokey.. I made it even more so by spritzing on some L'Occitane Vetiver edt on... Whoo hoo!:tongue_sm