What's new

Dr. Harris ?

Arlington, besides being an amazing and unique scent, is one of the best products I own - cream, croap or soap. One way to try without breaking the bank is getting the stick. It's only about $15 and its great for travel. That's what I did and I ended up adding a puck later because it was so good. Do try. Immediately!

I just got my Windsor soap and tried it for the first time this morning. I think I need a little more practice to get the lather right, but I love the smell!

The english shaving company has free world wide shipping for a limited time. I just placed an order for Arlington and Marlborough, and it was pretty cost effective compared to buying it in North America.

I'm really looking forward to trying them out.

Is the DR. Harris Arlington really that good of a soap/cream? I've heard great reviews and also heard you want find a better lather from a soap or a cream? If not can anyone else recommend something better or equal too?
You really have to try it and compare it based on first hand experience to the alternatives to answer your questions. DR Harris is one of my favorites but not my absolute favorite. Ask another person and DRH could be at the top of that person's list or not on the person's list at all.

What soaps have you used and what have you liked and disliked and why? With a frame of reference we might be able to give you some relevant feedback.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just got my Windsor soap and tried it for the first time this morning. I think I need a little more practice to get the lather right, but I love the smell!
The first few latherings can be rough. Some theorize that a skin forms on top which must be broken through. I had difficulty the first three shaves with Arlington new, and had similar problems when I went crazy and used Palmolive for three weeks straight. Hot water on top of the puck when I went back to it fixed that. Once you break through, I don't think you will find a slicker soap. If Harris was the only soap out there it wouldn't break my heart- it is that good.

Arlington is the quintessential spring soap. The smell is remarkably fresh and the lather provides the perfect amount of cushion without feeling too heavy. I absolutely love it!

Top Bottom