What's new

Hello from chicago and I'm addicted to wet shaving :

Hi,

i just started wet shaving (DE) for the first time in my life for the past three weeks. 41 years old and never thought about it till recently. I think it was the shaving scene in skyfall that got me thinking about it strangely enough. I had a full beard for a couple years too and was looking to change.

I've lurked here for these few weeks and learned a lot. Bought a merkur hd and am hooked on trying truefitt & hill as well as gft products I shamefully admit. I've already moved on from my initial aos purchase and like these new choices instead (learned about them here).

I think I'm narrowing in on feather blades (look at me going hard core! LOL) and really enjoy gft sandalwood cream with trafalgar or grafton balm.

This is fun and something really nice for myself. My wife is amused and supportive as hell I must say because I sometimes think I'm way too crazy about my new shaving "hobby". :)

there seems to be a lot of nice guys around here and I'm grateful for the excellent source of info.

Hello and regards to all,
rob

Welcome to B&B Rob.

I'm a former full-bearded who has also is blessed with a wife who is at least equally bemused as she is supportive of my peculiar hobby. She'll become even more amused when she see's your hobby grow with regular arrival of small boxes in the mail. :thumbup:

You've got some great razor in the Merkur 34 and some great soaps.

Welcome and don't worry! My wife thinks I am a goofball as well.

She doesn't understand how one can be excited about shaving, especially since I used to cringe at merely the word. I'll get her on board soon enough.

The forum has broadened my interest as well. I ended up purchasing my first fountain pen after stumbling into "The Nib".
When my first purchase (Pilot Metropolitan) arrived I was so excited and tried showing her everything about the pen. I made her write with it too.
She thinks I am going bat **** crazy but I think she's okay with it because I could have many worse hobbies.

Good luck on your shaves!

Great to have you Rob. Enjoy that shave for everything it's worth, you have grudgingly done it for long enough!

Hi HisDukeNess, I'm actually in a near west suburb too! I should change my location to be like yours. :)

thanks for the welcome!

Top Bottom