What's new

Olive Oil for the face

Every night, before bed I wash my face, pat dry, then rub Olive Oil all over my face. I let it sit for a minute or so before I wipe it off with a dry/wet towel. Just curious if anybody else out there does the same thing or does this a little differently. I have noticed that my skin is way softer, and it seems to soothe/keep at bay the irritation I get from shaving.

i use olive oil whenever my skin is really dry or if i get razor/brush burn; it's great stuff. however, i haven't been needing to use it recently--perhaps because of improved technique?

Every evening I wash my face with water only and rub oil on my face. I think that it makes my skin more flexible, thus minimizing nicks and irritation.

I use Vitamin E oil (soy & castor oil with Vitamin E, which is good for skin) for $2 from the Dollar Store.

Dennis

For those that leave it on all night, doesn't the oil stain your sheets and pillow?

Only if you don't wipe the excess off with a towel...sadly I didn't do this at first and my pillow cases aren't as white as can be anymore.

I washed with olive oil soap for a pretty long time. I also used coconut oil soap as well as other types.
A few months ago I got a boil in my armpit that wouldn't go away. Then it must have caused an infection and it started to travel down the inside of my arm. When I went to the doctor I was given medication and a salve or something and told not to use deodorant for awhile until it healed. I mentioned my soap and he said "no good." The infection or whatever, needed to get out and oils tend to clog the pores. That made sense and since then I never used oil based soaps again. I began to wonder about the long term use of oils and the pores. Or adding oil to the skin.

I have been using olive oil based soaps for my face and body for years and have never had any issues with clogged pores. I did a bit of searching and the consensus is that it doesn't. I did read that it can bind to clogged oils in the pores and release them from the skin. Because olive oil is noncomedogenic, it will not re-clog the pores.

Top Bottom