What's new

Photo of the Day

proxy.php

Canola field

A Cathedral I found in Berlin. The second photo is of a fountain in the Vatican Square.

$DSC_0261.jpg

Attachments

• $DSC_0685.jpg
    $DSC_0685.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks Cash_Stronomer. The fisheye helped me get close to the Vespa while getting in some of the ground, which looks appropriate for a vehicle like that. It didn't overly distort the Vespa itself since it was in the center of the frame more or less.

Here is another one with the fisheye, looking up in the interior of a tower. This strikes me as another case where the fisheye helped because of its extreme wideness. I think with a regular wide lens the walls of the tower would not take up as much of the frame, and the center, which is not as interesting as the walls would have taken up more of the frame. I jazzed it up a bit with some post processing. Probably over did the processing, but I'm getting a lot of fun out of it!
$Up-Tower.jpg

A Cathedral I found in Berlin.

That reminds me that I've got couple of halfway decent night shots of that Cathedral:

proxy.php

Berlin Cathedral as viewed from the back during the Festival of Lights, October 2014

proxy.php

Berlin Cathedral with one of the many images projected onto its facade during the Festival of Lights, October 2014

Last edited:
That reminds me that I've got couple of halfway decent night shots of that Cathedral:

proxy.php

Berlin Cathedral as viewed from the back during the Festival of Lights, October 2014

proxy.php

Berlin Cathedral with one of the many images projected onto its facade during the Festival of Lights, October 2014

That is beautiful. They didn't have it lit up while I was there. Damn. They are building a new Cathedral not far from there. I got a couple good shots of the Dome. Man sure has made it easier to build versus back in the old days long past.

They didn't have it lit up while I was there.

They only have that special illumination and light show once a year, usually for a couple of days in mid-October. It is called "Festival of Lights" and attracts thousands of visitors to Berlin. In the late evenings and at night while the light shows are on, you see more tripod than human legs. :lol: (Seriously, you have to be quite careful where you walk so as not to trip over the tripods, which literally become ubiquitous during the Festival of Lights.)

They are building a new Cathedral not far from there.

They have actually been rebuilding the former City Palace of the former Prussian royal family, well, at least the historical facade on the three land sides, plus a modern facade on the river side. The building is going to house a museum, a movie theatre, an auditorium and restaurants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Palace,_Berlin

I have one more night shot of the Cathedral and one capture that I took in daylight:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Castle along Rhine gorge, Germany, this week.
misearble weather, taken from cruise barge.
Sony Rxd10, ISO 1600, 1/1000 sec, 180 mm eq., f4, about 75% of frame.

$image.jpg

Top Bottom