What's new

Photo of the Day

I had a visit from a patient and photogenic friend as well! I started off at a distance and slowly worked my way in, he didn't flinch once. I actually got concerned that he might be sick so I moved him into the shade and when I came back out a few minutes later he finally moved on. I did hear him croaking last night so I'm relieved that he's ok.

$E5241996_DxO.jpg
Olympus E-5; ISO 200; 50mm w/ 2x converter (100mm); f16; 1/100

Great pics of the grasshopper and frog.

Our local paper features a reader submitted photo each day and today's was of a frog.

dave

Very nice portrait of the frog :thumbsup:

Passed a cute little church the other day and stopped to walk around it.
Found this nice little window.

proxy.php

^nice church window and design!

below, fannie quigley's subsistence cabin bedroom, in former mining area, Kantishna Alaska, now inside Denali Park.
Circa early 1900's.
here is the wiki history.

d5, 28-300mm lens at 28mm, iso 1250, f/8, 1/15 sec, propped on door jamb, converted to b&w.

proxy.php

Very nice Gents.

I really like the simplicity of the bedroom and it is a couple of cute joggerflies you got there Cash :001_smile

Here is another window from the church

proxy.php

^nice tones!

love church architecture and windows, altho admittedly i don't frequent as often as i should.
we had lots of churches on the early summer trip down the rhine.
cologne cathedral, sony rx10, at 44mm eq, 1/400 sec, iso 1600, f/4, 40% crop and straightened.

proxy.php

Awesome butterfly shot, that is close and normally they don't stay long at the same place.

Beautiful shot of the cathedral sarimento.

OK, one last window shot then I will leave it at that (mostly because I don't have any more :biggrin1: )

Still from the church, but this one caught my eye because of the nice reflection of the clouds.

proxy.php

Thanks Soren. I went back and checked the data on that shot. I was zoomed out to 200 mm, so that explains why the butterfly stuck around for the photo. I like your church shots, especially the one with the clouds reflected in the window.

Sarimento1's last shot looks like the beginning of an interesting story ;)

old heidelberg from earlier this past summer.
note how muddy the swollen river was!
sony rx10 at 35mm, f/8, 1/800 sec, iso 800, 90% of frame

proxy.php

Not the best photo quality wise (a photo of a photo), but one that made my day.

Recently found out that the local OfficeWorks store can print photos to canvas, so I decided to get my father a present.

One of his favourite hobbies is sailing, and he often mentioned that he liked a particular photo that I had taken.

It arrived yesterday, and when I gave it to him he was speechless (a miracle, as he always has something to say about everything :lol:)

Needless to say, to paraphrase Michael Caton from The Castle, it went "straight to the pool room", or his version of it :lol:

$IMG20160929141333.jpg

It lost a little of it's dynamics transferring to canvas, but still turned out great , original is below.

proxy.php

Top Bottom