What's new

Ink Review: Pelikan Edelstein Topaz

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is a very nice ink which I may buy in the future. Thanks to Dave for the sample.

Attachments

• $Edelstein_Topaz.jpg
    $Edelstein_Topaz.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 137

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
High resolution to show shading

Attachments

• $Topaz_hi_res.jpg
    $Topaz_hi_res.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 132

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Finger stain test. Second pic is 15 seconds with liquid antibacterial soap.

Attachments

• $stain.jpg
    $stain.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 125
  • $wash.jpg
    $wash.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 123
I like this color, added to my wish list. I also really dig the whole "finger stain" test, because invariably...it always ends up on our skin too, lol

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like this color, added to my wish list. I also really dig the whole "finger stain" test, because invariably...it always ends up on our skin too, lol

Yeah, I think it makes a nice addition. Oh, and glad I could enable.
I love this ink! I think it may be my favorite ink to use with my Pelikans. Great review, Owen!
Thanks, Dave- and thanks for the ink, too.

Digging out an old thread.

I was looking for another bottle of Waterman South Sea Blue, but the store I went to didn't carry it but the sales person showed me the Edelstein Topaz instead and I really liked the colour and didn't want to hop on the train to check out stores about half an hour away, so I bought it and inked my daily writer a Pilot Vanishing Point Decimo with a medium nib and a Lamy st with an italic 1.9 nib (btw: love how easy it is to change nibs on most Lamy pens).

I love this ink so much right now. It has a great flow not too dry not too wet, the colour is pretty and the shading is gorgeous.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thanks for the update. So how did the color/shade compare to the old South Sea blue -- now called "Inspired". And why, oh why did Waterman have to change the names??

Glad you are liking it and a hearty welcome to the Nib!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Digging out an old thread.

I was looking for another bottle of Waterman South Sea Blue, but the store I went to didn't carry it but the sales person showed me the Edelstein Topaz instead and I really liked the colour and didn't want to hop on the train to check out stores about half an hour away, so I bought it and inked my daily writer a Pilot Vanishing Point Decimo with a medium nib and a Lamy st with an italic 1.9 nib (btw: love how easy it is to change nibs on most Lamy pens).

I love this ink so much right now. It has a great flow not too dry not too wet, the colour is pretty and the shading is gorgeous.
Glad you like it, it is a great ink.

Thanks for the update. So how did the color/shade compare to the old South Sea blue -- now called "Inspired". And why, oh why did Waterman have to change the names??

Glad you are liking it and a hearty welcome to the Nib!
Thanks for telling me about the name change, too bad though that they did.

I generally prefer the colour of the Waterman, but it didn't have as much shading as the Topaz. I don't think I've actually come across an ink with that much shading so far. Right now it puts it above the "Inspired Blue" for me, but that might change when the newness of the Topaz wears off for me.

Top Bottom