What's new

truefitt and hill shaving cream

I have heard good things about the truefit and hill shaving products and wondered what This shaving cream is like?

I always thought shaving creams came in a squirty tube & soaps came in a bowl, but this is in a bowl and is lables as a cream?
Is this link just a bowl or does it come with cream inside of it?
Will this product give me a better closer shave?

whats Trafalgar? is that a scent or the place in london?

Trafalgar is a lot of things (a cape, a battle, a square) but in this case it is the scent of the cream.

And yes, Truefitt & Hill creams are good stuff.

And yes, creams are also sold in tubs.

I love the scent of Trafalgar!! It is my fancy "going out" cream. Now, YMMV (your mileage may vary), but I believe trafalgar lather's like a champ (however, others here on B&B may disagree). The scent is something that screams "masculine." One gentleman here on B&B (Texican) stated that Trafalgar reminded him of "drinking mojitos, driving an Aston Martin, while listening to Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice."

Also, it should be noted 'Trafalgar', owes its name to Lord Admiral Nelson's victorious battle fought at Cape Trafalgar in 1805, the year in which Francis Truefitt first established his business.

Hope that helps! :badger:

Trafalgar is one of my favorite scents (definitely my favorite T&H cream). It comes in tubes and tubs: same stuff, just less of it in the tube (and less expensive).

--Mark

"the real shaving co." shaving cream. I also have some wilkinson sword soap but it only cost £2. Im trying to justify buying some of this stuff for £15 + £5 postage

"the real shaving co." shaving cream. I also have some wilkinson sword soap but it only cost £2. Im trying to justify buying some of this stuff for £15 + £5 postage

Ah. Well, it will probably perform better than that, but there are other, less expensive options: Taylor of Old Bond Street, etc (hopefully someone from the UK can chime in and give you a better idea of what's available over there) that will perform just as well as the T&H Trafalgar.

Dayum! That's expensive. I can guarantee that none of my T&H tubs cost close to that.

thats how much it costs in that link i posted in the first post of this topic.

Is there any cheaper places to buy it in the uk? online or offline

thats how much it costs in that link i posted in the first post of this topic.

Is there any cheaper places to buy it in the uk? online or offline

Here is the same price, with VAT, but shipping will be a little less. And Robert is pretty well respected around here.

Other UK folks may have other suggestions as well.

Meantime, about whether it will get you a better shave. Likely, but no guarantees. These things are pretty individual. I'd say the majority of guys here will say that it is better than what you are using. For a very similar product at half the price, look at the Taylor of Old Bond Street creams at the link I pasted above. Which is better is a matter of personal opinion, but the Taylor is for sure a much cheaper way to try a traditional english cream.

-Mo

Trafalgar is definitely my favorite T&H scent...the cream is amazing scent wise, and the cologne smells exactly the same. Nothing like it that I've smelled.

As for the shave quality I would say it does as well as other creams, but is not inifinitely better or anything. I have several creams that I think perform better (in terms of more slip). But the scent makes it worth using, to me.

if you are looking for a fantastic performer that costs less, I would recommend TOBS or Proraso (red tube is my preferred version).

I love the scent of Trafalgar, but it is expensive. It produces a great lather, but it dont think its any better than any of my Taylors creams. Its one of those creams I ask for as a present rather than buy myself.

Trafalgar smells so good. Too bad they didn't have any more tubs at the store I was at. Got almond instead, it smells good, but I always long to get that scent...lol...

Now I wouldn't say it gives a closer shave, because I think it all comes down to technique, but it does lather nicely and a little goes a real long way.

"For a very similar product at half the price, look at the Taylor of Old Bond Street creams at the link I pasted above. Which is better is a matter of personal opinion, but the Taylor is for sure a much cheaper way to try a traditional english cream. "

+1

Taylor's is seven quid and the lavender is superb

Top Bottom