What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

im seriously all sorts of jealous to you guys who can smoke indoors...thats just..umm wow ur so lucky

I can only do the pipe- pipe smoke doesn't linger like cigs and cigars.

proxy.php

Your significant other's sense of smell is radically different that my lovely bride

Smoking in the house would be an...unpleasant....situation. She isnt crazy about my smoking pipes and cigars to begin with, but since that behavior predated her authority it is tolerated within reason.

Indulging in tobacco is strictly an outdoor activity, I am required to "decontam" (shower) before coming to bed and the usual brushing / flossing / Listerine rinse is expected.

The price that must be paid......

Guess I forgot to do things in order so I should probably say hello over here. Been a member of the forums for a while now. Took a small hiatus as I was spending waaaaaaaaay too much on acquisitions. But hey, we can't stay away for too long! I have enjoyed a cigar here and there for a while now but recently kind of went a little bit more hardcore with it and have been into the one, sometimes two a day even, for a couple weeks. Still looking to try a Cuban or two but stuck here in the US so it seems I am out of luck heh. Anyways I'll shoot some pictures up here and there over the next few weeks when I hopefully figure out my regular smokes.

What's up guys.

Been smoking cigars for a few years now.

I have a desktop and a wineador.

I'm sure I know a handful of you from the cigar forums!

Looking to ditch the cartridge razor and go with a DE for now and maybe a straight blade down the road.

What's up guys.

Looking to ditch the cartridge razor and go with a DE for now and maybe a straight blade down the road.

Welcome! Pics of the wineador ! We love pics here lol

What's up guys.

Welcome to the Brown Leaf!

Shaving with a DE is great. Too bad we have some of the scruffier members here ;)

That wineador is awesome!

I haven't been around B&B much lately. My shaving has settled into a routine...I still enjoy it, but there's nothing new to ask about. I haven't smoked in a couple weeks. Things have been kinda crazy and I forgot to smoke for a week, and then I realized that it might be to blame for a couple minor things (wife has become sensitive to my breath and something else that can't be discussed on B&B). It seems that smoking was not to blame after all so I'll probably resume soon and that will remind me to show up here to discuss it.

I got an email from P&C about this great deal:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/84407/customer-appreciation-week-8-19-2014/
$100 for 6 briars, a cob, 6 pouches, and a tin.

I haven't been around B&B much lately. My shaving has settled into a routine...I still enjoy it, but there's nothing new to ask about. I haven't smoked in a couple weeks. Things have been kinda crazy and I forgot to smoke for a week, and then I realized that it might be to blame for a couple minor things (wife has become sensitive to my breath and something else that can't be discussed on B&B). It seems that smoking was not to blame after all so I'll probably resume soon and that will remind me to show up here to discuss it.

I got an email from P&C about this great deal:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/84407/customer-appreciation-week-8-19-2014/
$100 for 6 briars, a cob, 6 pouches, and a tin.

Glad everything is working out for you. I have been so busy as well, but just sat down for a smoke in the first time in a while.

That seems to be quite an awesome deal. I wanted to let others know that CVS has been marking its pipe tobacco products at 75% off. When I spoke to the saleswoman, she said that it would probably only last until the first week of September. I got some cobs for $1.82 and some great deals on some Captain Black.

There's something wrong with me. After being a latakia junkie, I've spent the majority of the summer smoking VAs and Lakelands. I reached for my beloved Penzance today, as a change of pace and... it's just not the same. Why do my taste buds reject latakia? :crying:

There's something wrong with me. After being a latakia junkie, I've spent the majority of the summer smoking VAs and Lakelands. I reached for my beloved Penzance today, as a change of pace and... it's just not the same. Why do my taste buds reject latakia? :crying:

That's interesting. I'm suffering the same problem. I wouldn't say rejecting, for me it's still a fine smoke but not the love I used to have for it. Virginia's are getting their grip into me.

That's interesting. I'm suffering the same problem. I wouldn't say rejecting, for me it's still a fine smoke but not the love I used to have for it. Virginia's are getting their grip into me.

I'm hoping that once it stops being hot out, my taste buds will switch back... otherwise I'll be aging a ton of English blends for a while.

Glad everything is working out for you. I have been so busy as well, but just sat down for a smoke in the first time in a while.

That seems to be quite an awesome deal. I wanted to let others know that CVS has been marking its pipe tobacco products at 75% off. When I spoke to the saleswoman, she said that it would probably only last until the first week of September. I got some cobs for $1.82 and some great deals on some Captain Black.

I wouldn't say everything is working out for me, just that smoking wasn't the cause of a couple specific problems. I'd rather that it was, it'd be a bummer to have to choose but I could just smoke occasionally. As it stands, the potential causes are likely worse. But, more along the lines of things not working out, my car that I love needs an engine and it's not an easy one to find. Also my washing machine quit today. I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of that P&C deal.

I've been waiting for CVS to do that as part of phasing out tobacco sales. I swear I checked a week or two ago and prices were normal.

Top Bottom