What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Welcome aboard, always glad to have another leaf lover in the fold!

I am glad to be here. I was active in on a few other tobacco forums, but tis board seems to combine all of my hobbies, shaving and smoking. A match made in heaven! On a side note, where can i get one of those nifty brown leaf badges?

I am glad to be here. I was active in on a few other tobacco forums, but tis board seems to combine all of my hobbies, shaving and smoking. A match made in heaven! On a side note, where can i get one of those nifty brown leaf badges?
Welcome. I believe you need to have been a member for 45 days with 50 quality posts. Then it should be under the contribute tab at the top.

Just ordered a:
Diplomat 5th Avenue Bent corn cob pipe
Captain Black Regular
A pipe tool and pipe cleaners.

I'll be outside on this one.
Should've started when it was warmer.
I'll report.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Just ordered a:
Diplomat 5th Avenue Bent corn cob pipe
Captain Black Regular
A pipe tool and pipe cleaners.

I'll be outside on this one.
Should've started when it was warmer.
I'll report.

Very nice! I started piping 20 years ago with Captain Black Regular (white). Still enjoy the stuff, although my tastes have changed. Let us know how it goes and if you have questions. And bundle up! I smoke outside all year and sometimes its downright chilly.

Oh yeah. I have in my regular rotation an MM Country Gentlman, 2 MM Diplomats, and a Wizard Cobbit. I have a bunch of legends for trying things out, as well. When you start building your collection, I recommend the "Grab Bag" of 10 smokeable seconds they have. It adds to the collection very quickly, and I've gotten 2 bags without a bad pipe yet.

Oh yeah. I have in my regular rotation an MM Country Gentlman, 2 MM Diplomats, and a Wizard Cobbit. I have a bunch of legends for trying things out, as well. When you start building your collection, I recommend the "Grab Bag" of 10 smokeable seconds they have. It adds to the collection very quickly, and I've gotten 2 bags without a bad pipe yet.

OK cool, I saw those on there, but I wasnt certain.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Can't go wrong with a MM cob. The nice thing about them is that they're all made of the same materials and assembled the same way, so almost all of the differences are cosmetic. Each one smokes just as good as the others.

Can't go wrong with a MM cob. The nice thing about them is that they're all made of the same materials and assembled the same way, so almost all of the differences are cosmetic. Each one smokes just as good as the others.
Good to hear that! I will eventually get a nice briar or something. but i like the look of the church warden pipes lol. Of course, I could just be dreaming that one day, I can blow a 3 mast sailing ship like gandalf one day, who knows.

HAHA, well thats good news. What are you thoughts on pear root wood pipes?

I've had several of the Mr Brogg pipes in various other hardwoods... pear and such. They were perfectly functional, and I think a bit better than some of the lower end briars out there. The stems are a pretty cheaply made injection molded plastic, and I'd look to get styles with thicker walls, as well. Definitely rank them higher than anything I've seen made in China for inexpensive pipes.

Top Bottom