What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
To go off on a tangent, just how fast would I have to puff on a pipe to warm this house up? It's -10° F here on the island, and that means that wood and propane together aren't enough to warm this house up. On the plus side, I'm allowed to smoke indoors.

To go off on a tangent, just how fast would I have to puff on a pipe to warm this house up? It's -10° F here on the island, and that means that wood and propane together aren't enough to warm this house up. On the plus side, I'm allowed to smoke indoors.
We've been in the low teens with an expected drop into minus territory overnight. Woodstove is handling it for now. Going through a lot of wood with the wind we are having here, though. The oil fired furnace has come on a few times when it really got cold. -10° doesn't happen here often, and I don't care to have it happen this winter

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
We've been in the low teens with an expected drop into minus territory overnight. Woodstove is handling it for now. Going through a lot of wood with the wind we are having here, though. The oil fired furnace has come on a few times when it really got cold. -10° doesn't happen here often, and I don't care to have it happen this winter
I don't care for it either. I was really hoping this winter would be as half-hearted as the summer was. And it has been, really. We haven't had too much snow, and until a few days ago, it hasn't been ridiculously cold.

I don't care for it either. I was really hoping this winter would be as half-hearted as the summer was. And it has been, really. We haven't had too much snow, and until a few days ago, it hasn't been ridiculously cold.
I have to agree this has been a fairly mild fall into winter for us on the east coast. This is only the second cold snap we've had so far. The way I look at it, last year's winter was frigid and went on forever. This year should only feel like half of last year's winter...I hope!

Well the weather here has been seasonally cold. Woke up to -31C, that is without the wind. Decided it was cold enough to treat myself to some new tobaccos. Read up on some suggestions here on the site and went with:

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe
Dunhill Nightcap
Mac Baren Mixture Scottish Blend
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Have you SEEN his liquor that accompanies his pipes?!? :001_rolle

My cousin lives in San Diego and it is gorgeous. Plus they have some of the best BJJ gyms in the world there.
What are BJJ gyms? This doesn't have something to do with bun bun, does it?

Haven't had a smoke in four days. It's been bitterly cold (-15*C, plus the windchill) for a few days now.

Doesn't mother nature know I have new baccys to test-drive!?

My boss has a humidor on his desk. I wonder how it's doing, considering this is the condition in our office:
proxy.php

He's in meetings all day I guess, and his door is locked.

Top Bottom