What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

10-4! thanks for the heads up, any idea how to date dunhill tins?

I'd start by going out for coffee, then maybe a walk. Definitely not a movie, or fancy diner.
$brilliant.jpg

So I tried 1Q after all the recommendations and good reviews and I'm not sure what the hype is about. Maybe it's just personal preference but it's not good at all to me.

So I tried 1Q after all the recommendations and good reviews and I'm not sure what the hype is about. Maybe it's just personal preference but it's not good at all to me.
1Q is a straight aro, fairly well regarded among those that regularly smoke aros. Maybe that's not you. (It's not me, either.)

There are better aromatic out there than 1Q, IMHO. I feel like it's mainly recommended due to that fact that you can sometimes find it in B&Ms.

Readily available =/= Great

1Q is a straight aro, fairly well regarded among those that regularly smoke aros. Maybe that's not you. (It's not me, either.)

There are better aromatic out there than 1Q, IMHO. I feel like it's mainly recommended due to that fact that you can sometimes find it in B&Ms.

Readily available =/= Great

I am a primarily an aro smoker, with some English thrown in here and there for the variety. As for the 1Q, it really depends on what you are looking for, I guess. It's a nice basic vanilla aro that is inexpensive in bulk, not over saturated with PG so it's not as wet and goopy as many others out there, and it's a nicer smoke than 90% of the pouch/can OTC aro's. I'd rank just about anything from C&D as better, for sure, but the Lane stuff I like better than a few other well known bulk aro makers... like much of Altadis, a lot of the Sutlif stuff is pretty over saturated and wet to me, even some of the McClelland bulk aro's aren't as good as Lane's offerings. All that being said, no reason any specific person should or shouldn't like a blend, so don't feel bad if 1Q didn't really do it for you. lol

Most non-pipe people I run into associate pipes with an aromatic room note, and are quite often seeking it in the beginning. Price is right, every blend doesn't work with everybody. I'm one of the people that likes it on occasion and usually keep a small jar of it around.

I agree that it's not the best aromatic, but it's decent. I find that it's easy to work with, crowd friendly, very consistent, light in Vitamin N and has great availability (considering that it's supposedly the top selling baccy).

Heads up that Milan Tobacconists seem to be having a promotion for St. Patrick's day.

Yes, we're a wee bit early, but we wanted to remind you to wear, eat, and/or drink green things tomorrow. You may also want to remember to enter GREEN in the promotional discount code box during checkout today through midnight ET on Tuesday the 17th to receive 10% off your purchase*. There. That should maintain peace and harmony among those mischievous leprechauns

So I tried 1Q after all the recommendations and good reviews and I'm not sure what the hype is about. Maybe
it's just personal preference but it's not good at all to me.

I'm not the biggest fan of it either (in fact I kind of hate it). But everyone else seems to love it so there must be something wrong with you and I. I tend to recommend it because of it's huge following.

Just curious, what do you hate about it?

Sounds kind of weird but one of the main reasons is the flavor of the tobacco juice. Tastes just like sweet n low or diet soda. I hate anything closely related to synthetic sweetener.

Plus it's just so mild to me. But it's one of the top selling tobaccos and everyone seems to live it. I'll chalk it up to me being crazy. :)

Sounds kind of weird but one of the main reasons is the flavor of the tobacco juice. Tastes just like sweet n low or diet soda. I hate anything closely related to synthetic sweetener.

Plus it's just so mild to me. But it's one of the top selling tobaccos and everyone seems to live it. I'll chalk it up to me being crazy. :)

Nah, everyone has different tastes. On this tobacco, you are merely in the minority group, that's all. If I tasted any synthetic sweetener in it, I'd hate it as well. I can't stand the taste of that stuff, myself. lol The mild part is good for many of us over all. Plenty of times I don't want a kick my tongue strong with flavor type smoke. Again, just preference. :)

Nah, everyone has different tastes. On this tobacco, you are merely in the minority group, that's all. If I tasted any synthetic sweetener in it, I'd hate it as well. I can't stand the taste of that stuff, myself. lol The mild part is good for many of us over all. Plenty of times I don't want a kick my tongue strong with flavor type smoke. Again, just preference. :)
don't defend him [emoji38]

Sounds kind of weird but one of the main reasons is the flavor of the tobacco juice.

...uhh, juice? :blink:

Tastes just like sweet n low or diet soda. I hate anything closely related to synthetic sweetener.

I, on the other hand, can't have lunch/supper without a Diet Pepsi (unless I'm having a lager). I don't find 1Q offensive, but it's uninspiring. I never think "man I could really go for some 1Q". I ought to grab it next time I'm in an aro mood anyway.

...uhh, juice? :blink:

I, on the other hand, can't have lunch/supper without a Diet Pepsi (unless I'm having a lager). I don't find 1Q offensive, but it's uninspiring. I never think "man I could really go for some 1Q". I ought to grab it next time I'm in an aro mood anyway.

It tends to be pretty moist and the PG in it doesn't lend it to drying out well in my experience. The juice that's left over in the pipe, if it makes its way to the mouth piece, taste like Equal to me.

I'm not the biggest fan of it either (in fact I kind of hate it). But everyone else seems to love it so there must be something wrong with you and I. I tend to recommend it because of it's huge following.

OMG how can you not like 1Q!!! First you tell me u don't like latakia, now your telling me you don't like 1Q...those be fighting words man!! not sure if i can associate myself with you anymore...:a31::a47:

OMG how can you not like 1Q!!! First you tell me u don't like latakia, now your telling me you don't like 1Q...those be fighting words man!! not sure if i can associate myself with you anymore...:a31::a47:

You can disassociate all you want, after you send my pipes :p

I tried it for the first time this weekend and, meh. I'm all congested and can't enjoy the room note, and it didn't taste great. I figured I'd get an aro to please my wife, but my wife won't admit to liking any smoke aromatic or not. I figure buy whatever stinky blend I like and call it good.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I tried it for the first time this weekend and, meh. I'm all congested and can't enjoy the room note, and it didn't taste great. I figured I'd get an aro to please my wife, but my wife won't admit to liking any smoke aromatic or not. I figure buy whatever stinky blend I like and call it good.
Sound logic.

I haven't tried 1Q yet, but I've heard it's very similar to Captain Black Royal. I happen to enjoy that, but I agree that it has an artificial/chemical taste to it, and I'll make the leap and assume that 1Q won't blow me away. It's still on my list to try, though.

Sound logic.

I haven't tried 1Q yet, but I've heard it's very similar to Captain Black Royal. I happen to enjoy that, but I agree that it has an artificial/chemical taste to it, and I'll make the leap and assume that 1Q won't blow me away. It's still on my list to try, though.

When my congestion calms down I will try again. I would like to find a nice aromatic for the rotation, but even highly recommended ones have fallen flat.

Top Bottom