What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Put the dried baccy in a bowl and cover it with a paper towel dampened with distiller water. After 30-60 minutes, mix the tobacco around a bit and remoisten the towel. Keep doing this until it is properly rehydrated. I've done this a number of times and it's easy and works well. Unless the tobacco turned to dust, you should be able to bring it back.

Put the dried baccy in a bowl and cover it with a paper towel dampened with distiller water. After 30-60 minutes, mix the tobacco around a bit and remoisten the towel. Keep doing this until it is properly rehydrated. I've done this a number of times and it's easy and works well. Unless the tobacco turned to dust, you should be able to bring it back.
+1. Works every time. Right now I have a small piece of said paper towel in a tin of Dark Strong Kentucky that was getting a bit dry. Usually, I let it work overnight and the piece of paper towel will be completely dry in the morning, and the tobacco is rehydrated.

I am trying to post to the Stock Exchange, but I cannot insert an image from my computer.
Everywhere else in B&B I have tried to insert an image, I get an option "From Computer".
See below.
$InsertImage-2.jpg
When trying to upload to the Stock Exchange area, the "From Computer" option does not show, and I only have an option to upload from a URL
$InsertImage-1.jpg
Has anyone had this problem or is there something I am missing?
thanks.

I am trying to post to the Stock Exchange, but I cannot insert an image from my computer.
Everywhere else in B&B I have tried to insert an image, I get an option "From Computer".
See below.
View attachment 555566
When trying to upload to the Stock Exchange area, the "From Computer" option does not show, and I only have an option to upload from a URL
View attachment 555567
Has anyone had this problem or is there something I am missing?
thanks.
I had the same problem. For whatever reason, you cannot post pictures from your computer directly into stock exchange posts. I got around it by uploading the photos into my gallery, then linking them in.

Cool a pipe forum. I came over for the shaving info (a current member mentioned this was the place for all the info I wanted on that), but happily surprised to find a smoking forum as well. I've been smoking cigars and pipes for over 15 years. I'm sure I'll be around regularly now.

John

Hi John,
The Brownleaf is quite an enjoyable pipe and cigar hangout! For $1 you have the option to join the Stock Exchange which is a sub forum in the Brownleaf that allows the swapping of tobacco products. It is a great was to check out blends you've never had before.

Welcome!

Hello Brownleaf,

I am relatively new to wet shaving, but have been learning lots from B&B. As I was looking around the threads I stumbled upon the Brownleaf section, and found a new hobby :lol:

I have been an occasional cigar smoker, mostly weddings, graduations, etc. but I have always had a fascination with pipe tobacco. There really is nothing like going for a walk through a park and catching a wiff of someone's aromatic. After years of wondering what it would be like to smoke a pipe, I decided to take the plunge, all thanks to this forum.

This weekend I ordered a cob pipe, Czech tool, cleaners, and a sampling of aromatics from 4noggis. Now I can't wait to pack my first pipe, and give this hobby a shot. I look forward to sharing this experience with the Brownleaf, and am happy to be in your company. Here is to the journey ahead.

Hello Brownleaf,

I am relatively new to wet shaving, but have been learning lots from B&B. As I was looking around the threads I stumbled upon the Brownleaf section, and found a new hobby :lol:

I have been an occasional cigar smoker, mostly weddings, graduations, etc. but I have always had a fascination with pipe tobacco. There really is nothing like going for a walk through a park and catching a wiff of someone's aromatic. After years of wondering what it would be like to smoke a pipe, I decided to take the plunge, all thanks to this forum.

This weekend I ordered a cob pipe, Czech tool, cleaners, and a sampling of aromatics from 4noggis. Now I can't wait to pack my first pipe, and give this hobby a shot. I look forward to sharing this experience with the Brownleaf, and am happy to be in your company. Here is to the journey ahead.

Welcome to the BL! Feel free to start up a thread, ask questions and get to know some of our members! This thread is a great resource for many inquiries.

With the weather warming up, maybe you can be the pipe smoker in the park to attract new people to our hobby :)

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If I had to take a scientific wild *** guess, I would say sometime in 2014, after Laudisi Enterprises took over distribution of the C&D products.

ah ok saw some of them at the local b&m and was curious because they had both the old and the new labeled ones

Top Bottom