What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Ok fine maybe I'm the minority here but I really enjoy 1Q. I can see how the flavor can taste artificial, but I still like it. I guess I'll just sit in the corner by myself and puff my 1q like an outcast.

Ok fine maybe I'm the minority here but I really enjoy 1Q. I can see how the flavor can taste artificial, but I still like it. I guess I'll just sit in the corner by myself and puff my 1q like an outcast.

Nah, I'm with you. I enjoy it in it's time and place for sure. :)

thats true, i dont usually reach for 1q for after dinner smokes, thats when a nice lat blend is for me. 1q is usually a morning commute smoke or mid day smoke for me.

For me, it sorta depends on what I had for dinner. If I finished with something sweet like dessert, I'm more inclined to grab something not sweet for a blend. Also depends on the after dinner beverage. Beers and ales don't pair for me with sweet aromatics.

I haven't had the chance to enjoy a smoke in awhile unfortunately. I am however kid free this weekend and the wife and I are going to spend the day in Galveston! Seems like the perfect time for several bowls and possibly finding a shop for some new stuff to try as well. Any advice on picking up pipes at antique stores?

Everyone secretly loves the Q, whether it be smoking it or smelling it. I'm in both camps personally.

Picked up some Blanton's today on a whim. When it gets warmer out I'll have to figure out a smoke to pair it with.

Any suggestions?

Blanton's has become my favorite bourbon. I'd say I pair it with strong-ish VA flakes mostly, but that's what I generally smoke more often than not. (When I do go with an English, I usually find myself drinking scotch.)

Oh, and I can't imagine a cigar that wouldn't go well with it. Maybe if you smoke Acids or something like that it might throw things off, but any cigar I've ever smoked would do just fine with Blanton's.

Blanton's has become my favorite bourbon. I'd say I pair it with strong-ish VA flakes mostly, but that's what I generally smoke more often than not. (When I do go with an English, I usually find myself drinking scotch.)

Oh, and I can't imagine a cigar that wouldn't go well with it. Maybe if you smoke Acids or something like that it might throw things off, but any cigar I've ever smoked would do just fine with Blanton's.

I think a fired cured Kentucky would go well with blantons, cigar wise I'd pick a Maduro

Aye aye. I'll aim for sometime this week and report back with my findings.

New to the badger as a member but have been reading/consulting it for a while. Pipe smoker for the past few years on and off (started in college) cigar smoker ofcourse, favoring all things Perdomo.
My smoking and drinking tendencies are much like my lazy deer hunting strategy:...if it's Brown...it's down.
Been favoring my Peterson System pipes lately on the patio and Basil Hayden's in the bourbon glass.

Wet shaving brought me to the blade but the brown leaf finally convinced me to join!

Top Bottom