What's new

Louisiana Shaving Shops

Does anyone know of any shaving related shops in Louisiana or Arkansas? We're heading down that way later on this month and I was curious. I've never been to that part of the states, so it'll be a fun adventure. If I can find some cool shaving goodies, it'll be even better! Thanks!

If you're in the New Orleans area, there are two great Flea Markets that ALWAYS have razors. 6 of my 7 razors came from them. They're both in the suburbs west of the city... but worth a trip for a die-hard. Aidan Gill has the higher-end modern stuff. One downtown next to Harrah's and one on Magazine, uptown. Other than that, there's not much. Plenty to eat though! Arkansas is a lot like MO... flea markets and antique stores EVERYWHERE. Which route will you be taking?

My grandparent-in-laws live in Branson, and I keep telling my wife that one of these days when we drive up, I'm going to stop at EVERY antique mall I see.

Thanks for the heads up! Not sure of our route yet. We're coming from the SEMO area, but thinking about going down through Arkansas, then going to Monroe for a stretch. I've seen the Aidan Gill place, looks interesting. Maybe worth a stop if we're down there.

If you stop at every antique mall on the way to Branson, you may never make it! Haha!

Before the hurricane, there used to be a few barbers in the Frenchquarter that did a traditional wet shave. I haven’t been there in ages.

Top Bottom