What's new

"Club Clubman"

Let's see...I have Clubman, Classic Vanilla, Lime Sec, and the hair gel

For those of you who like Lavender Lime scents...try mixing Agua Lavanda with Lime Sec...very nice!

I would love to become a member of Club Clubman. Hopefully there is no strange hazing rituals to join this band of brothers, like wearing The Veg. I don't want in THAT bad. I do love Clubman, and that's usally my go to AS.

The Clubman shave cream/gel in a tube are no longer produced. There are still some tubes out there if you look, but they are quite expensive now. Clubman has re-introduced their canned shaving foam. Even with the clubman name, I'm not sure I could bring myself to try it.

I would love to become a member of Club Clubman. Hopefully there is no strange hazing rituals to join this band of brothers, like wearing The Veg. I don't want in THAT bad. I do love Clubman, and that's usally my go to AS.

You are officially a member...and no need to try the VEG because it smells like cat urine.

I'm a regular user of Pinaud Clubman AS (my girlfriend loves it!), as well as Eau De Quinine hair tonic. I've also samples of Bay Rum, Lime Sec and Special Reserve, which I quite like, but not as the original.

...and no need to try the VEG because it smells like cat urine.

I used to agree... then last night I was sent a sample of the Veg that had been decanted into glass first and left to mellow that way a couple days... the cat like smell was noticeably absent from it. I think I may rock it out today and see what I think this time.

I used to agree... then last night I was sent a sample of the Veg that had been decanted into glass first and left to mellow that way a couple days... the cat like smell was noticeably absent from it. I think I may rock it out today and see what I think this time.

Let my Siamese cat, Mulan know how you like The Veg.

Let my Siamese cat, Mulan know how you like The Veg.

I actually put it on for work, and it's really pretty decent. I can only guess that the glass decanting does indeed really help it a lot. Enough so, I'll be putting a bottle (and some glass container to decant it into) on my list of things to get in 2014.

Greetings from Mendel & Gilligan,

98% of the time I use an aftershave balm. However, this morning I decided to use my infrequently used bottle of Clubman. I love it! To that end, I have decided to create this thread titled, "Club Clubman". If you too enjoy using Clubman, this is the thread for you. Tell us more about your use of Clubman products. BTW, I also enjoy using Clubman talc. It reminds me of fond childhood memories of going to the barber with my late father.

proxy.php

Caveat: I have NOT embraced the VEG...it still reminds me of cat pee.

Clubman has an invigorating scent, and lasts a while. You should go to http://www.clubmanonline.com/clubman-after-shave-lotion-6-oz.html to get a list of the scents involved that makes it unique.

Lilac Vegetal isn't for everyone. The two most polarizing products reviewed on B&B have got to be that and modern Williams mug soap. The veg's scent is compromised by the plastic bottle it comes in. One of two things give it the intended scent: decanting to a glass bottle and/or refrigerating the contents. You may still not like it, but you will be able to evaluate it more effectively. http://www.clubmanonline.com/clubman-lilac-vegetal-after-shave-lotion-6-oz.html. This is the oldest of the Pinaud aftershaves, originally commissioned by the Hungarian calvary.

clubmanonline.com also lists other Pinaud scents.

One Pinaud aftershave not listed at that site is one I like, called Tres Flores http://www.amazon.com/FLORES-Three-Flowers-Splash-Classic/dp/B001U651S4. To me it's kind of a "Lilac Vegetal Lite" that I enjoy using.

. This is the oldest of the Pinaud aftershaves, originally commissioned by the Hungarian calvary.

Boy, those must have been some bad smelling horses.

Top Bottom