What's new

"Club Clubman"

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
By the way, anyone using Clubman products are all members of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a.'The Club')".
proxy.php

If you haven't yet joined, don't worry because I will now
administer (written by our scribe, member Mario [a.k.a.Gatsby]), the Order of Pinaud sacred Oath...please repeat after me;

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club") through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.
I do swear this on my sword, my (name your razor), and, my lance, my (name your brush): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
proxy.php

attachment.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

attachment.php

Greets from the Coal Country...

Clubman sits in the front my my stash because it gets used so much. There's something about a cologne that Thomas Jefferson (probably? most likely?) wore.

I'll even add a drop or few to another scent to give it that powdery bump. It's my long-term devious plan to get SWMBO to start liking it. :001_rolle

Gentlemen, I recently purchased Clubman Bump repair and used it this morning instead of my usual A/S (Sheick Active Splash, a very fine splash indeed). The sensation is amazing !! The menthol scent and the smooth skin it leaves behind is really to write home about ! Eager to test the rest of the clan Clubman...:thumbup:

Usually is my go to AS, I have two bottles, one at home and one in my desk at work for an afternoon refresher

I think I may have posted this in another thread but I love original Clubman. The AS and the talc. I use it a couple of times per week.

My late father used to take me to the country club with him when I was very young. The locker room smelled of clubman and it is a scent that holds a lot of fond memories for me. It was a special treat and after his round and his shower when he was cleaning up, he would splash some clubman on me and I thought I was the man.

He passed away 5 years ago and it seems like just yesterday. It's amazing what kind of memories a smell can bring back. I only wish I had appreciated it more at the time.

Long live The Club!

I think I may have posted this in another thread but I love original Clubman. The AS and the talc. I use it a couple of times per week.

My late father used to take me to the country club with him when I was very young. The locker room smelled of clubman and it is a scent that holds a lot of fond memories for me. It was a special treat and after his round and his shower when he was cleaning up, he would splash some clubman on me and I thought I was the man.

He passed away 5 years ago and it seems like just yesterday. It's amazing what kind of memories a smell can bring back. I only wish I had appreciated it more at the time.

Long live The Club!

Today would have been my dad's 91st birthday. Great memories of my dad, Clubman, and Sam the Barber.

The three Pinauds I have in my den:

Clubman
By far, my favorite aftershave. Everyone likes it, all ages, men and women. The initial scent can be overpowering, but once dried-down it's soft and long-lasting. I'm not sure which ingredients are responsible for it, but it leaves my face feeling great. The only other aftershave splash that works as well for me is Aqua Velva. The talc is fantastic, too.

VIBR, aka, Attack of the Cloves
This is for Lent, or times I hate myself. Enough said.

Citrus Musk
This is a good one. Not as classy as Clubman, but a lighter, fresher scent good for warmer weather. The citrus part dies off pretty quickly, leaving a "clean laundry" scent on the skin.

At some point, I'm going to try the Vanilla and Special Reserve. I have tried the Veg, and I don't use it as I don't ever hate myself that much. :scared:

Last edited:
I just got my first bottle of Clubman today, and wow!! I love the scent. The problem is, right after I bought it, I opened the bottle in my truck and spilled some on the seats. My truck smells great. I just don't want to wreak of it from driving. Still, I'm a club member now.

---Follow that with the Clubman shave cream, then the AS, then the balm!!! It is quite the experience!!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

Now see I've learned something new today. What a great and educational place this is.

I have never seen these two products, now MUST HAVE ! Where's my google button ?

Clubman is my go-to, as well. I dig the Veg (it just works with my body chemistry, and SWMBO digs it), but Clubman is my favorite by far. I have a pretty decent arsenal of A/S, but they are mostly Nivea/balms/"designer" brands because I got away from the "traditional"-type A/S's in the 80's. In the last few months of acclimating myself with DE/SE shaving, and with the wealth of information and knowledge here at B&B, I have re-discovered all of these great A/S's that have been around forever.

I hope to acquire the rest of the Pinaud/Clubman line in the near future. But no matter how many bottles my ASAD leaves me with, the original Clubman will remain at the top of my list.

And BTW...will there be another acronym for this club to put in our signature line as well?

How about the following acronym:

CCM

or

C2M

Folks,

It's been asked in this thread what acronym we can use for Club Clubman. Brotherhood of the Open Comb =BOTOC
What should be our acronym that you can use in your signature line in order to show your proud membership?

My suggestion for a name would be "The Clubmen"

Clubman
Special Reserve
Vanilla
Lilac Vegetal
VIBR
Lime Sec

I own them all, I use them all, I love them all

Last edited:
Clubman was my first aftershave purchase, and it was love at first smell. As for the Lilac Veg, that can be read about here. I still cringe at the smell of the urine like 'splash'. :scared:

Top Bottom