What's new

"Club Clubman"

I use Clubman talc on the sides of my neck every morning to prevent chafing from my shirt collar.

Just a question: has anybody ever used the "neutral"-colored Clubman talc? What's up with that?

I would actually like to apply more of the pink talc to my neck, but after you put so much on it's kind of hard to blend it in with your skin. I've never tried the "white," either.

Of all the expensive or vintage after shave lotions that I have, my Clubman scents are used the most often. I have 5 or 6 and plan on getting them all. Not one I do not like and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! The talc is great too. Fun thread, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

I use Clubman & the Bay Rum everyday. Generally the Pinaud in the summer and Bay Rum in winter. I also use the talc quite a bit in the summer. NOTE: All the women I have dated LOVE the smell, and make multiple comments about it. ;)

Okay, since I like the scent of the Clubman talc, I decided to buy a bottle of the aftershave when I saw it in a local Walgreen's. I like the smell, but can tell from the little bit I got on my finger that a face splash with it is probably going to be way too strong for me. Anybody try cutting it with anything? I'm thinking of maybe putting a little bit in some of my Witch Hazel. It smells great if I could just "tone it down" a little bit.

Edit: Figured none of the ingredients cost enough to prevent some experimentation, so blended up some witch hazel, a little glycerine I had around and a few splashes of Pinaud Clubman, just enough to cover up the scent of the WH. It worked out quite well. I can use enough to get a good splash on the face and the scent after it dries is noticeable but not overpowering: very agreeable.

Last edited:
Okay, since I like the scent of the Clubman talc, I decided to buy a bottle of the aftershave when I saw it in a local Walgreen's. I like the smell, but can tell from the little bit I got on my finger that a face splash with it is probably going to be way too strong for me. Anybody try cutting it with anything? I'm thinking of maybe putting a little bit in some of my Witch Hazel. It smells great if I could just "tone it down" a little bit.

Edit: Figured none of the ingredients cost enough to prevent some experimentation, so blended up some witch hazel, a little glycerine I had around and a few splashes of Pinaud Clubman, just enough to cover up the scent of the WH. It worked out quite well. I can use enough to get a good splash on the face and the scent after it dries is noticeable but not overpowering: very agreeable.

Witch Hazel seems to be the popular mixer, so maybe you hit a home run first time.

Let us know.

Well, after a few days' use I think I'm acclimating to the Pinaud Clubman and now use it straight. I've learned to crack my window on the 30-minute ride to work in the morning. That's now about the only time it bugs me. Other than that, I'm good with it. I've never been a big aftershave guy, but I like this stuff and plan to continue to use it every day.

Yep, the Clubman isnt so strong you have to cut it. I wish it was longer lasting though, I'll go through the day giving myself mini splashes of it, dang I love the smell. Probably be using the talc on my balls in the summer, gets pretty hot here and have never tried powder.

In Christ
SB

I'm already a member of *Order of Pinaud* but I don't know if I qualify for membership here? Comments will be appreciated.

$Pinaud_2.jpg

Love the smell of Clubman. Use both Classic Clubman AS and Talc. Does anyone make a shaving cream or soap that smells like Clubman Classic?

Top Bottom