What's new

How long does it take you to shave?

Now I'm not talking about "quick" shaves, just your normal routine.

It's been taking me about 2-3 minutes to get my lather together, and then at least 20-30 minutes shaving. (I think. That or I'm taking too long showers and screwing up my time-sense)

The wife isn't entirely happy with me taking so long, but she's definitely glad I've been getting up first in the morning :biggrin:

I have only been DE shaving for about two weeks, but it takes me at least 40 minutes from the end of my shower to aftershave. I have only had a few really great shaves, but those have been the ones that take the longest!

My shaving routine is typically 30 minutes, and I'm fairly new in the game here. Besides all the prep and taking time to shave, there is all the clean up afterward. If I could, I would shave at night; so much more relaxing.

I miss being able to have 10 minute shaves, but wetshaving is so much better for me.

It usually takes me 30 mins from the end of shower/start of prep to do a 3 pass + touch up bbs with my HD. I could probably do it quicker, but why?

10min after the shower, with a DE razor, after one month of using it. I do not expect any significant improvement, and every minute of DE+brush shaving has been worth it. :lol:

About 15-20 minutes of pure shaving time (i.e. doesn't include shower time...only lather building, shaving, clean-up, ASB, etc.)

So, years ago, it took me maybe 5-10 minutes to spray goop from a can and swipe my face with a cheese-grater like Mach 3 or Sensor.

I've added 10 to 15 minutes tops to my day, so I just have to haul my sorry *** out of the sack 10-15 minutes earlier to have something to look forward to in a morning ritual instead of rushing through the zit-building, skin-scraping alternative.

Haven't regretted a nano-second of it!

30 minutes...unless i can make it stretch out longer. SWMBO understands, and I have my own bathroom for all of this. I simply get up a bit earlier.

Yesterday...sleeping in just a bit, sort of cuddling, but I had to be somewhere at 10. Things were pretty friendly, as you'd say...but I reminded her that I needed 1/2 hour to drive, 15-20 minutes for a shower/getting dressed, and at LEAST 1/2 hour to shave.

She smiled and offered a "rain check".

I'm a very VERY lucky man...the best of both worlds!

I seem to get quicker and quicker with better results. Probably due to my adopted lathering technique. 95% BBS in 10 minutes with two to three passes plus touch-ups.

My shaving routine, including prep, shave and post-shave, takes about 30 minutes. With 3 young kids in the house it is the quiet, relaxing time of the day. Come to think of it, it may start taking me longer :lol:

It usually takes me 20 minutes from soaking my brush to applying my aftershave. That includes about 4 passes and ample prep.

I would say at least 30 mins for the DE. More preparation cleaning up after.

If I use my multi and brushles Gel/lotion then about 10 mins including rinsing and moisturizer after.

Mychael

Top Bottom