What's new

Ouch

So after finally putting together my gear and getting enough stubble I shaved with my safety razor for the first time this morning.

I used the red tip Gillette Superspeed I posted a picture of in another thread. I only had one blade, it being a Merkur blade (the one that comes with a merkur razor).

I only nicked myself once but it wasn't bad and I still nick myself every so often with the Quattro I've been using for a while so I don't consider it a big deal.

But my face was so irritated. After a third pass I still had a lot of stubble and it was hurting too bad to keep on going so I had to pull the Quattro out to finish and that hurt also.

I don't have the greatest shave this morning :( . I'm going to order the sampler pack of blades from West Coast later today and see if changing blades helps.

J

I don't know if you have thought about this yet or not but the Red tipped Superspeed is known to be on the aggressive side of the fence. You'll definitely want to switch it up as far as blades go because they do make a world of difference. Did the blade you used come with a razor? You might want to try using that instead of the red tip.

And be sure to use very light touch...just let the weight of the razor do the work. If you push down, (something I learned to do with the plastic cartridge razors), you'll have more irritation.
GL

Oh, I was sure not to press down. I also have a Merkur Hefty Classic. But I was wanting to try the Red Tip first.

J

Top Bottom