What's new

Cadet heads question- Cadet TP-01SS first shave.

I had my first shave today with my Cadet open comb TP-01SS and unfortunately was underwhelmed. I used a Gillette 7-O'Clock yellow which has worked very well for me in my Merkur slant and in my Fatip OC. The Gillette yellow in my Cadet acted a lot like a dull blade. In my tough areas, the fresh blade jumped and shuddered and everywhere else, it didn't feel very smooth and there was tugging and pulling. I got a nice shave out of it and the post-shave irritation was no better/no worse than usual which kind of surprised me based on the feel of the shave. I like the results of the shave but didn't like the feel or experience getting there. I think I want to transfer the blade to my slant and finish it off in that razor before I try a new blade in the Cadet.

What blades have you had smooth, successful shaves with in your Cadet open-combed razors? For me, it certainly isn't the 7-O'Clock yellow.

I had a similar problem when I first used my Cadet OC. I finally realized I had to adjust my angle. That might be your problem.

I forgot I even started this thread so I failed to post a follow-up.

As it turns out, I just happened to get a bad blade the first time I tried the Cadet. (The first bad blade I've encountered after 8 months of DE shaving.) After only one shave, I took the same blade and tried it in my slant and had a lousy shave experience as well. I tossed the blade and tried a new 7 O'Clock yellow in the Cadet and it was just fine. I'm glad it was the blade and not the razor!

Top Bottom