What's new

Osage Rub

Found a great deal on Osage Rub here. Just had to stock up. $5.66 per bottle, after shipping! I think I'm good for a while.

proxy.php

Nice stash. I've not yet experienced the rub (is that like The Veg... The Rub? lol), but I have a bottle incoming from a trade. Looking forward to having it for when I'm camping in the summer (combining it with Vostok, since the word is that is one of the coldest menthol combinations you can get without adding your own crystals at this point).

Yep, I use it pretty liberally. Especially in the summer and after almost a year Im on my first bottle. :)

But I too have a hidden bottle. LOL.

I have been known to sprinkle a little bit of the Rub on my chest and back to keep me cool a little longer in the mornings. Its rough when you get up at 5am and it's already 100!

Does it really smell like that stuff? This sounds very unappealing.

Menthol with a touch of citrus in my opinion but I don't personally own it for the smell, I own it because I live in Sweat Swamp Alabama and there is nothing better than Osage Rub in the summer for turning your florid face into a frostbitten mug.

My first bottle just arrived today. I can't wait to see how much more of a menthol kick it has than porasso green as, pacific rush, and AV ice blue. QCS Vostok will be here tomorrow! Bring on the heat!

Vicks is straight up menthol. Osage Rub is menthol and eucalyptus. It says it also contains "fragrance", but I don't detect anything else. Straight out of the bottle, I just smell eucalyptus, but as soon as you apply it the menthol hits. Boy Howdy, does it ever hit. The scent doesn't linger long at all, we use it mainly for the cooling.

What I like to do is apply The Rub, and let it dry down. Then before I'm ready to head out I'll apply a regular scented aftershave. Then the magic happens. The aftershave re-activates the menthol on your skin, giving you a second cooling blast!

Looking forward to having it for when I'm camping in the summer (combining it with Vostok, since the word is that is one of the coldest menthol combinations you can get without adding your own crystals at this point).

When you mix those two, prepare to feel like you don't have a face for an hour! But in a good way...:velva2:

I REALLY want to like this stuff, but there's just too much alcohol burn in it for me. The two times I've used it, I had to rinse it right off with water, which is the only product I've had to do that with.

Top Bottom