What's new

2 Candidates for RESTORATION Which one 1st?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Here are a couple of recent straight razor acquisitions of mine....

My first PUMA...( came with a very nice original box ) for $18.00

and a somewhat scarce I believe, Michael Hunter Sheffield Wedge for $10.00
I love the old scales with the previous owners intials (?) stamped into them.

Which one would you have restored first?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The PUMA is actually as sharp as a butter knife.... and has a bit of a ragged blade edge...but for 18 bucks I figured it could be saved....

The HUNTER I would want to have polished and honed professionally... I hate to lose the historic scales but it would look very sharp with something a bit more exotic... Stay tuned...

Well, I'd say work on honing the Puma, but I wouldn't do anything else with it. If you wanted I'm sure you could do the same with the Hunter if you wanted (just hone it that is). :)

Maybe just take the Hunter apart, clean the scales, polish the blade, and put it back together.

I wouldn't do anything to the Puma other than honing it.

+1 on leaving the puma as is. It should be honed, of course, but the only other work you should consider is some pimped scales.

The other one has some serious potential.

Agree with the above - just hone up the Puma and get the wedge pimped.

I would suggest talking to Joe Chandler - he's done a few sheffield razors for me (reground/rescaled) for very reasonable prices. I've been extremely happy with the results.

I thought Joe wasn't doing restorations now, just custom work. I hope I'm mistaken as I would love for him to restore a couple of razors for me.

Top Bottom