-OLIVIA's Bambus (bamboo) shaving soap
-Swiss Pitralon

Thomas

Merukur HD w/ Derby & Merkur Classic w/ Derby
Vulfix 403
Taylors Rose
Thayers Lavender
C&E Nomad

Did I little HD vs. Classic comparison. I wish I could decide which one I like better. I really don't want to keep both. <sigh> Grade: A-

Sorry no pic today (i've been traveling around like a mad man the last week or so)

Kiehls Shaving Cream (Brushless)
Shick Injector
Kiehls A/S Balm & Moisture cream
Penhaligons Castile

Shower: L'Occitane Badian shower gel, Baxters shampoo, Nancy Boy conditioner and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Futur with Euro-Gillette blade
SMF brush
L'Occitane CADE shave soap
L'Occitane Eau des Bergers aftershave
L'Occitane CADE ASB

L'Occitane Eau des Baux edT
full

In honor of the French nation's help in the revolutionary war, I chose the L'Occitane products. (Or I forgot what day it was.... :rolleyes: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower:
Ivory soap--my NB bar finally died!
Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree shampoo

Shave:
PJ3 Super (the only immigrant in the group!!!):biggrin:
Nancy Boy SC
Thayers WH
Nancy Boy gel AS

A bike parade with the family, a nice swim, then a cookout with our friends on the deck--a great day!

SMF I Shave Brush
Truefitt and Hill - Lavender Shaving Cream
Feather Artist Club RG with Feather Super Pro Blade
Merkur Slant Bar with Feather DE Blade

Truefitt and Hill 1805 Cologne

Merkur HD w/ Feather Plat
V 2234
Taylor's Rose
CAR AS Peppermint

full

I think I'm rushing through my shaves and going at my face with a wicked angle because I'm getting a lot of irritation. But damn I feel like it's taking me so much longer to shave since I switched over to DE. I know that it's got to be my impatience...or my obsession with getting everything that remotely looks or feels like it could be facial hair over and over.

Tito

Tito said:
Merkur HD w/ Feather Plat
V 2234
Taylor's Rose
CAR AS Peppermint

full

I think I'm rushing through my shaves and going at my face with a wicked angle because I'm getting a lot of irritation. But damn I feel like it's taking me so much longer to shave since I switched over to DE. I know that it's got to be my impatience...or my obsession with getting everything that remotely looks or feels like it could be facial hair over and over.

Tito

Nice pic Tito. Have you ever used the Merkur blades rather than the Feathers? If you're getting irritation the Feathers might be the reason. Although I go against the grain on every stroke and do 3 to 4 passes, I don't seem to get any irritation using Feathers in my Merkur.

If it's time you're trying to save, try waking up 10 minutes early to enjoy your shave. That's what I do, it gives me more control and a closer, smoother shave when I don't have to worry about getting out the door to work.

AACJ said:
Nice pic Tito. Have you ever used the Merkur blades rather than the Feathers?

Art,

Thanks! Yeah my 1st couple of attempts were with the Merkurs and I was getting nowhere fast. So I tried the Feathers and got the most elegant shave of my life. But I was scared as hell using the Feathers in the beginning and went real slow and gentle.

I'm still trying to put all the pieces together... the right angle??? the right pressure??? (I think that I'm getting a lesson in the less is more practice here) the right lather:water ratios???

Thanks,
Tito

Tito said:
Art,

Thanks! Yeah my 1st couple of attempts were with the Merkurs and I was getting nowhere fast. So I tried the Feathers and got the most elegant shave of my life. But I was scared as hell using the Feathers in the beginning and went real slow and gentle.

I'm still trying to put all the pieces together... the right angle??? the right pressure??? (I think that I'm getting a lesson in the less is more practice here) the right lather:water ratios???

Thanks,
Tito

Are you stretching your skin?

Randy

Merkur Vision with Wilkinson Blade
Kent BK4
Proraso Cream
Alum Block
Witch Hazel Spray
Proraso ASB
Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne

Wednesday:

Merkur HD with Israeli Blade
Men-U Synthetic
Sensational Indulgences Mayan Gold Soap
Proraso A/S Splash
Trumpers Coral Skinfood

L'Occitane Green Tea EDT

Brian

Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
JM Frasers shaving cream (great nostalgic stuff!)
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Dior Homme edt

Jeff

Hydrolast Cube as a Face Wash
Natural Affinity Bay Shave Shaving Soap
Superior Brushes 25mm Super
Merkur HD Classic
Derby Extra Blade, day 3
Anthony Logistics Aftershave Astringent
Nancy Boy Cooling A/S

The Bay Shave soap is quite nice. The smell of the lather isn't quite as strong as the scent that had permeated the packaging, but it is still very pleasant. The soap lathered very well, but unfortunately my technique was off because I couldn't get the lather to the right consistency; still with that in mind the soap allowed me to get a good 3 pass shave without any irritation going against the grain.

Shower:
Nancy Boy Signature Scent Soap
Matrix Biolage Shampoo & Conditioner

Shave:
Nancy Boy Face Wash
Nancy Boy Shave Cream
Merkur Long Handle w/Personna Blade
Shavemac 23mm Silvertip
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
Trumper's Limes Skin Food
Penhaligon's Castile EDT

Merkur Slant Bar with Derby Extra
Shavemac Custom
Proraso Pre
Proraso Shave Cream
Thayer's Rose
Proraso Post
Saint Charles Shave Sandalwood EDT

Every time I use the Proraso pre/shave cream/post combo, I wonder why I don't do it more often. It provides an enjoyable experience with stellar results.

40s Gilette Rocket w/Merkur blade
Vulfix 2235
Proraso Green Tube
Thayers Rose WH
Floris Santal ASB
Creed GIT EDT

The picture tells the story. A refreshing shave for a hot South Florida day.

full

Top Bottom