What's new

A DE Starter PIF.

Hi all,

I have been waiting to do this for a while and I finally figured out how to make it all work so here goes.... If anyone sees any errors please let me know.

What : Complete DE Starter PIF.

Shipped new from WCS. I have purchased this and the order is sitting at WCS waiting to be shipped. Big shout out to Christine at WCS who made this all happen.

Kit as Follows:

Edwin Jagger DE89811 DE Saftey Razor, Octogonal Chrome
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Shaving Brush, Medium Light Horn....21mm knot, 53mm loft.
Tub of TOBS St James Cream
Bottle of Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Shavex Jumbo Alum Block with Case (125g)
Proraso Pre and Post Cream (100ml)
DE Blade Sampler Pack, extended (Merkur Super Platinum (10 blades), Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (10 blades),
Crystal or "Israeli" (10 blades), Derby Extra (5 blades) ,Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (5 blades), Astra Superior Platinum (5 blades),
BIC Chrome Platinum (5 blades), DORCO Platinum ST-300 (10 blades), Red Pack Israeli (10 blades)

The Rules. Yup, there has to be some.
#1 the shipping address has to be someplace WCS can mail to. I will pay the shipping via WCS. So I will have to defer to you if WCS can ship to you since I am CONUS and not conversational as to where WCS will ship.
#2 Open to all B and B members with 25 or more posts.
#3 This PIF is intended for someone who can use a DE starter kit, not someone like me (who has a AD, SBAD to be clear) and simply wants to add to their den. If you have an AD please consider NOT joining this PIF
#4 Reply with something clear like "I'm in" in the thread
#5 My son will pick a winner out of a hat...on 0500 East Coast daylight time on Friday 26 April. I will PM the winner and once the winner, I and WCS, work it all out I will post the info in this thread. Want to give a newbie a bit of time to get some posts in before this closes.

Many thanks to the Gents and Ladies of this Forum who have made this forum what it is today. I have learned volumes, from this forum, saved plenty via the advice, discount codes, and deals and figured it was time to pay it forward.

Best of Luck

PIF and KCCO.

Lucas

Last edited:
Truly generous Talisker! I'm NOT in :001_smile

So that this is a true starter set for some lucky winner, I think you should add a rule that you can only enter if you don't own any double edged razors.

I am NOT in but I would like to say thank you for being so exceedingly generous. I sincerely hope that this PIF will go to someone who is very interested in getting into wetshaving but does not have the opportunity or ability at this time...

A good friend just called me yesterday asking how he should start with DE shaving, I think this would be a great opportunity for him - count me in!

Count me in! I started a year ago but quit for 9 months. :blushing: This just might keep me back on the wagon.

Very generous project sir. :) Thank you.

Have to say that you will certainly make someone's day with this offer!

Having just purchased my own "starter kit" (yesterday), I can say that the up-front outlay was one of the significant hesitations I had. As expensive as "modern" blades are, it can be hard to blindly plunk down on the $50-100 for something that might end up sitting on a shelf, unused after a few attempts at getting it to work. Hopefully those not lucky enough to be the one pulled from the hat will be excited enough to start their own journey as well.

Top Bottom